Mechanical Day Fitter - GBR
- Post Date:23rd July 2021
- Views 209
Purpose Of The Job
To provide mechanical maintenance function, the primary function of the role is to carry out routine inspection and servicing work of mechanical equipment as required by site asset integrity strategies. The secondary function of the role is to attend breakdowns and assist the mechanical shift technicians as direct by the maintenance supervisor.
- Ensures that Synthomer safety and environmental procedures are adhered to at all times, including any directly supervised contract support staff working under guidance
- Report equipment and system issues for maintenance activities to maintenance supervisor
- Ensure correct reporting systems are followed and used fully for item specific tasks as controlled by engineering maintenance strategies
- When carrying out repairs as part of routines or breakdown function ensure like for like technologies are used
- Maintain a task specific electronic log book ensuring tasks can be referenced to an asset management system
- Report any equipment failures to the relevant plant owners and/or maintenance supervisors
- Participate and represent role function in site schemes to ensure SHE/Quality/Business systems are attended and utilised i.e. AIMS/SAM etc
- Participate where instructed in the Mechanical aspects of commissioning new plant and equipment to gain familiarisation
- Assist in the mentoring and guidance of Mechanical apprentices, giving guidance on site procedures and strategies
- To attend site in the event of an event of an immediate SHE issue or business demand threat that is of a mechanical nature and provide mechanical engineering support
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.