Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
- All employees are legally responsible for their own health and safety as well as those who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also legally required to co-operate in health and safety matters as directed by their employer.
- The correct protective preventative clothing and equipment must be worn at all times in designated areas.
- The Operator is responsible for the manufacture or filling of products on a specific machine or process in order to satisfy production requirements.
- Ensure Production operations are carried out to an effective standard and with efficiency so the production schedule is achieved – promote a self-managing approach.
- Ensure the workload is carried out effectively in collaboration with Supervisor and Planning, including updating scheduling boards, where necessary.
- To follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) where relevant.
- The Operator needs to ensure that the quality of the product is accurate and the correct quality checks are completed during production/filling.
- Promote working relationships with other relevant departments, for example Engineering, Filling/Packing, Quality etc.
- For the Operator’s specific machine or process, all aspects of general housekeeping, including 5‘s, are to be maintained during their shift.
- Cross cover and deputise for other Operators in case of absence and annual leave as required, as well as deputising in other areas as required.
- To be actively involved in two way communication and the development and introduction of improvement initiatives
- Appropriate training is undertaken as required of the post.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Educated to High School level or equivalent
- Numerate and Literate
- Experience of manufacturing operations
- Good Communication skills
- COSHH, COMAH knowledge would be well regarded
- Ability to follow a job/batch sheet
- Able to lift bag weights up to 25 kg’s numerous times during shift
ExperienceExperience of manufacturing operations
QualificationsEducated to High School level or equivalent