Manufacturing operative / Colour matching
- Post Date:30th July 2021 13939
- Views 286
Job Title: Manufacturing operative / Colour matching
Reporting to: Production manager, Assistant Production manager, Production supervisor
Hours: 0800 – 04:00 Monday to Friday
We currently have a vacancy for a highly motivated individual to be key part of the production process. The manufacturing operative’s primary responsibility will be taking ownership of the process to ensure that the production of colours is of a highest quality as quick as possible.
The successful applicant will be trained to understand the manufacturing process from start to finish and will be expected to cover in any position in the production process as required.
Job responsibilities and duties
- Measuring all raw materials in preparation for production
- Feeding the raw materials into the machinery
- Operating the production machinery as required, such as lifting equipment and forklift trucks. Training will be provided.
- Performing quality assurance and testing checks and work with quality control to ensure the highest standards of quality are met and improved on though the support of projects.
- Maintaining a clean standard of the machinery and other parts of the production space.
- Maintaining an inventory of the goods and raw materials in the factory.
- Noting machine faults and reporting to maintenance officers as required.
- Maintaining a positive work environment within the production department.
- Follows the company policies and guidelines.
- Working with the assistant production manager and production supervisor to address production problems in the manufacturing area as they arise and overcome the issue to timely manner.
- To act as a champion and ensure the production area is operated at the highest standard of Health, safety, and environment.
- Support the implementation of new processes and workflows.
- Communicates with the warehouse department as needed.
Necessary skills and experience:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong sense of organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong team spirit.
- Production experience essential but previous paint industry experience beneficial.
Who we are?
Annie Sloan Interiors is an international interiors company based in Oxford. We sell a globally acclaimed range of paint called Chalk Paint™ as well as a selection of decorative finishing products through over 1,700 retailers in over 50 countries around the world.
The business is family run and rapidly growing, offering a dynamic, fast paced and friendly environment to work in.
Annie Sloan Interiors is an equal opportunity and living wage employer.
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with Annie Sloan Interiors and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria, which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Please note that any personal data submitted, as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your interest along with your C.V to our Production Manager at [email protected]