Manufacturing Maintenance Team Lead
- Post Date:29th November 2021
- Views 204
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data – such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Team Leader to join our Operations Team at our Liverpool site. This is an exciting time to be a part of Domino and this role will join as a lead for our team of Engineers to provide knowledge and practical experience of maintaining equipment including liquid mixing, filling and powder handling equipment with a working knowledge of process control systems.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work closely together to achieve medium and long-term objectives with responsibility for maintenance engineering resources, stores and purchases, planned and preventative maintenance schedules for key equipment resources, organisation of engineering works orders and contribute knowledge and expertise in projects. Involvement in site engineering standards.
This role demands a proactive approach to raise the overall performance in line with business and departmental objectives. As a key member of the Engineering Team, you will play a critical role in coordinating and prioritising the daily work activities for both internal and external engineering resources, resulting in safe execution of the overall engineering work plan.
Safety, Health, & Environment
- Ensure members of the engineering team work to the site and business SHE standards including following appropriate risk assessments and following the site permit to work procedures, whilst following all Health and Safety regulations and legislation
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities taking place across the site
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the site safety systems
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance obligations and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Experience in developing and implementing RA’s within an Engineering Team
- Experience in working with and administering Permit to Work (PTW) systems
- Understanding of the likely failure modes and implement preventative maintenance planning for key site equipment.
- Understanding of the business priorities to allow the optimum planning of maintenance activities, liaising with the site manufacturing team.
- Identifying and assessing equipment and systems that are to be designated critical equipment.
- Ensuring the extent and method of periodic inspections are defined (including any legal requirements) and are recorded, together with necessary actions, repairs and inspection interval.
- Ensuring that schedules of inspection dates are kept and managed.
- The ability to interrogate data in order to set action in place to improve OEE, MTBF, MTTR, Budget, etc
- Experience and knowledge of Lean and Asset Care Excellence techniques – Root Cause Analysis
- Provide management to team, including measurement of time and attendance, work with HR to run Attendance & Performance Improvement Plans with team members where appropriate
- Provide coaching to existing and new / inexperienced maintenance technicians to ensure competency and development of the individual
- Measure and review KPIs for the team and individuals to improve performance
- Motivate the team to maintain the highest standard of housekeeping and implement improvements
- Undertake / attend appropriate training
- Maintain a network of contacts in the industry
- Establish a high competence level in various equipment design codes
- Support the implementation of engineering standards relating to the design, maintenance, inspection and ongoing management of mechanical and electrical equipment to ensure legal compliance, minimise lifecycle costs and ensure business targets are achieved whilst maintaining safe engineering practice
- Demonstrate excellent leadership behaviours
- Maintain and improve the engineering standards across all areas where the team interact
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers (internal and external), people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
You will be a strong influencer within you peer group, an excellent communicator and competent in people leadership to drive high performance from the Engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be commercially astute and be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adaptability when dealing with a high workload.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More, Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Higher education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- IOSH accredited training desirable
- Candidates will have experience in process manufacturing equipment, which includes plant maintenance, project work, use of chemicals in processes and equipment selection
- Good working knowledge of process safety management
- Experience of working with a CMMS system
- Experience in working with and administering Permit to Work (PTW) systems
- Proven leadership skills, including managing performance and development
- Budgetary and financial control experience is a distinct advantage
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Related Jobs (6)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time