Manufacturing Maintenance Team Lead
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 158
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Team Leader to join our Operations Team at our Liverpool site. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work closely together to achieve medium and long-term objectives with responsibility for maintenance engineering resources, stores and purchases, planned and preventative maintenance schedules for key equipment resources, organisation of engineering works orders and contribute knowledge and expertise in projects. Involvement in site engineering standards.
This role suits a proactive approach to raise the overall performance in line with business and departmental objectives. As a key member of the Engineering Team, you will play a critical role in coordinating and prioritising the daily work activities for both internal and external engineering resources, resulting in safe execution of the overall engineering work plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure members of the engineering team work to the site and business SHE standards including following appropriate risk assessments and following the site permit to work procedures, whilst following all Health and Safety regulations and legislation
- Understand the likely failure modes and implement preventative maintenance planning for key site equipment.
- Understandi business priorities to allow the optimum planning of maintenance activities, liaising with the site manufacturing team.
- Identifying and assessing equipment and systems that are to be designated critical equipment.
- Ensuring the extent and method of periodic inspections are defined (including any legal requirements) and are recorded, together with necessary actions, repairs and inspection interval.
- Ensuring that schedules of inspection dates are kept and managed.
- Provide management to team, including measurement of time and attendance, work with HR to run Attendance & Performance Improvement Plans with team members where appropriate. Provide coaching to existing and new / inexperienced maintenance technicians to ensure competency and development of the individual.
- Measure and review KPIs for the team and individuals to improve performance.
- Establish a high competence level in various equipment design codes
- Support the implementation of engineering standards relating to the design, maintenance, inspection and ongoing management of mechanical and electrical equipment to ensure legal compliance, minimise lifecycle costs and ensure business targets are achieved whilst maintaining safe engineering practice
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers (internal and external), people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment. You will be a strong influencer within you peer group, an excellent communicator and competent in people leadership to drive high performance from the Engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be commercially astute and be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adaptability when dealing with a high workload.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Higher education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- IOSH accredited training desirable
- Experience in process manufacturing equipment, which includes plant maintenance, project work, use of chemicals in processes and equipment selection
- Good working knowledge of process safety management
- Experience of working with a CMMS system
- Experience in working with and administering Permit to Work (PTW) systems
- Proven leadership skills, including managing performance and development
- Budgetary and financial control experience is a distinct advantage
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need Aviation Security Clearance. Therefore Aviation Background checks as specified by the Civil Aviation Authority – including a DBS check and 5 years’ employment/educational references – will need to be completed via our HR department before the successful candidate can start the role.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Related Jobs (4)
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time