- Post Date:18th February 2021 13517
- Views 10
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Competitive salary plus benefits
Closing Date: 24th February 2021
The AkzoNobel Manufacturing Plant in Ashington is the World’s most advanced and sustainable paint manufacturing plant of its kind, and the home of Dulux in the UK. Our premium decorative paint products are in high demand, so this is a great opportunity for you to join our highly flexible and skilled team to ensure the supply of household brands such as Dulux and Cuprinol to all our customers and enable the creation of a new organisational structure and improve the performance of our plant.
As a member of the Maintenance Team the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the safe and timely completion of the planned preventative maintenance activities at the Ashington Plant, ensuring compliance to safety and quality standards at all times. They will take part in Continuous Improvement activities to deliver increased availability and reliability of the plant and equipment.
- Actively participates in HSEQ&S activities.
- Ensures safe systems of work are in place for all Maintenance activities, including isolation of energy sources and the issue of PTW.
- Creates and maintains isolation procedures, change control documents and maintenance task lists.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation and procedures.
- Performs Planned Maintenance and Fault Diagnosis of Mechanical / Electrical systems for Ashington
- Ensures the company’s assets are cared for according to AkzoNobel Asset Integrity Guidelines (AIGs).
- Ensures all statutory and AkzoNobel guidelines are met.
- Assists in training other technicians on the calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of site equipment.
- Is responsible for all instrument test equipment, ensuring the integrity and traceability is maintained to recommended standards.
- Liaises with site engineers for in depth troubleshooting and support with legislative standards.
- Builds and maintains accurate records in SAP PM (Plant Maintenance System) system.
- Ensure compliance to One Schedule to ensure all maintenance activities are carried out as planned.
- Ensure 100% compliance to completion of Safety Critical and Quality Critical Planned Maintenance.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement projects.
- The job holder will have undertaken formal training or apprenticeship in a Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation role.
- Experience in a Maintenance team in a Manufacturing or Chemical Processing environment.
- Strong HSE / Quality & Sustainability compliance experience.
- Experienced and competent in Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) safe working procedures.
- Experience and competent in the use of permit to work systems.
- SAP Pant Maintenance systems experience.
- Preferably Compex certified with Hazardous area/ATEX experience
- Experience of machinery safety equipment and legislation.
- Awareness of Functional Safety legislation and Safety Integrated Systems.
- Ability to influence and work as part of a team.
- Experience working with hazardous materials.
- Undertake Autonomous and Preventative Maintenance activity to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Conduct equipment changeovers to set timings and standards.
- Optimise and continuously seek to improve processes and equipment
- Desire to live the company values as well as live the Ashington site cultural principles.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, community and other AkzoNobel visitors on a regular basis.
- Capable of applying continuous improvement principles to reduce and control loss and waste.
- Understanding and application of 5S in the workplace.
Who are AkzoNobel?
Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Our products transform homes and interiors, make buildings better, keep transport moving, and the wheels of industry turning. We have four clear and simple values: Customer Focused, Deliver on Commitments, Passion for Excellence and Winning Together. These values provide the ‘how’ for successful strategy implementation.
If you want to be part of an organisation that is truly passionate about what they do and how they do it then we would love to hear from you.
Please note: In the event of a high candidate response to this vacancy we may close the application period earlier than the date shown.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 8653