- Post Date:30th June 2023
- Views 35
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries. Maintenance Technician
Ashington, Northumberland NE63 0XF
Competitive Salary And Market Leading Benefits Package
Maintenance Technician – Introduction
A Time Served Technician in functional subject with either a mechanical or electrical bias, you are ready to join a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a Maintenance Technician to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance and minimise downtime for our busy state-of-the-art production facility in Ashington.
Maintenance Technician – The Role
- Implement statutory inspection routines.
- Carry out preventative & reactive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Help investigate & find root causes for repeated breakdowns & implement permanent solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to install & commission new equipment.
- Ensure all maintenance work is precisely detailed on our maintenance system for full equipment history.
- Complete work within agreed timescales.
- Work safely in line with recognised codes & practices.
- Participate in identifying & executing continuous improvement activities to improve performance.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for planned/reactive activities, including isolation of energy sources & the issue of PTW.
Maintenance Technician – About You
- A Time Served Technician in functional subject with either mechanical/electrical bias.
- An Electrical or Mechanical trade qualification – Minimum (NVQ level 3).
- Significant experience in a chemical plant & of its processes.
- SAP PM / MM Functional Experience.
- Used to working within Planned Preventative Maintenance functions.
- Familiar with working in Hazardous Areas.
- Strong health & safety awareness.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
Maintenance Technician – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Maintenance Technician – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
Who are AkzoNobel?
Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, including Dulux and Cuprinol, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.