- Post Date:8th July 2022 14458
- Views 20
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
Competitive salary and benefits package
If you have experience of leading maintenance teams and keeping production plants operating this is a unique opportunity to use your expertise in a business that is expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and now you can be part of the AkzoNobel family. Join us and take responsibility for supervising the maintenance department at our Birmingham production site.
- Oversee the planning and execution of preventative and reactive maintenance works
- Supervise and direct reports and contractors
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe and timely in line with recognised codes and practices
- Manage the implementation of a new computerised maintenance management system
- Mentor your team on technical best practice and establish standard operating procedures
- Oversee continuous improvement program in maintenance department
- Produce regular performance reporting and KPIs
- Experience working in a maintenance role in a COMAH chemical facility, which is regulated by both the HSE & EA
- Able to demonstrate sound engineering principles and practices, preferably in the mechanical discipline.
- Ideally a time served mechanical technician
- Good at developing people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including childcare vouchers, Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
Who are AkzoNobel?
Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 23005