Logistics Coordinator - Birstall
- Post Date:29th October 2021 14050
- Views 168
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will support and assist the Distribution Shift Managers in the day to day transport operations, and manage and reduce pallet expenditure.
- Support Group Leaders in the daily operation to ensure important metric targets are met. E.g.: Cost per Kilo, Cost % of sales and on time delivery.
- Support daily planning operation and compliance requirements to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on current pallet stock levels and returns percentages by Customer and Driver.
- Manage on site stocks of both PPG and CHEP pallets to ensure the accurate availability for the factory and warehouse, and auditing and Ordering pallets where required using the SAP system.
- Operate the SAP and stores ordering system to ensure orders are fulfilled on time. Carry out the down date of consumables to ensure accurate stock record keeping.
- Order diesel on a weekly basis, collaborating closely with suppliers to provide the best market price. Also produce month end reports for diesel usage to management.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel (pivot tables etc.) and Word skills (Crucial).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (including telephone manner) skills.
- Knowledge of AS400 and SAP (Desirable).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain operation (Desirable).
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.