Logistics Administrator x 2
- Post Date:17th June 2022
- Views 170
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
As Logistics Administrator, you are the link between our external service providers, global logistics community and our internal customers. Main responsibilities include-
- Inputting, organising, and monitoring the progression of local customer orders providing a reliable and informative service.
- Organising and monitor the domestic distribution of BASF products to provide reliable, punctual, and safe delivery, ensuring that all legislative requirements are covered.
- Ensuring BASF systems are updated with accurate, reliable, and timely information.
- Monitoring and processing invoices, ensuring that costs incurred are within agreed parameters and are then recorded and charged to the correct cost centres.
- Carrying out and be responsible for the physical checking of BASF inventories at third party locations and consignment stock points.
- Investigate any discrepancies discovered, ensuring that BASF financial records are adjusted to reflect results of stock counts as required, and report results to the appropriate Business Units.
- Finally, ensuring availability of stock, reconcile stocks at BASF stock holding points and support service providers to achieve our stock integrity goals and perpetual inventory systems.
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of the activities involved in Logistics and Supply Chain.
- You have a good level of education (minimum A-level standard or equivalent).
- Ideally, you are APICS certified in Basics of Supply Chain Management.
- You have a good awareness of legislative and reporting issues surrounding the movement of chemicals and good commercial awareness and knowledge of business processes.
- You have strong IT skills in MS Office and can develop your skills with SAP R/3.
- Must be fluent in English
- You have good organisational skills, as well as good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We support flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion,disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics.
We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing date- 20.06.2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.