- Post Date:18th March 2022
- Views 196
- Qualifications Minimum 5 GCSE (A*-C / 4+) with emphasis on science subjects and Degree in Chemistry/Physics/Chemical Engineering or related discipline
Competitive Salary depending on experience, pension, 25 days holiday
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Technician, working within our clients Research & Development team, with the world leader in the development and production of inks, pigment dispersions and functional coatings.
Purpose of the Job:
To develop new ink products for use in various industrial digital printing segments that are aligned with the company strategy. This will involve developing and maintaining application testing protocols; maintenance and SOP development of equipment. Will work, as part of a laboratory-based team, on the support and maintenance of existing products and SOP’s.
Will also be expected to carry out a range of daily tasks in the laboratory as required.
Working in a global company and market leader with a great resources and access to global team.
Directly interfacing with peers and access a wide range of experiences within an environment which foster learning, personal development and overcoming challenges.
Joining a dynamic team who regularly interacts with customers internally and externally as well as key suppliers and partners to advance the product development and field installation.
Clear career progress pathway with various training and exposure opportunities to widen experience and accelerate personal development.
Key responsibilities include:
Technical skills and ability to resolve problems across the specific product or application area, including e.g. an understanding of raw materials / ink chemistry / printing applications / technologies etc. Awareness of relevant techniques, formulating approaches and printing processes.
Product / Sample Testing
Specific testing to defined standards or tolerances of samples, products, raw materials and the like. Proficient in the use of laboratory techniques.
Follow all appropriate procedures effectively and perform all appropriate tasks within set time scales and to set standards.
Input and Maintain Records / Data
Ensure appropriate data is recorded accurately and in a timely fashion, ensure the regular maintenance of all records.
Qualifications / Experience Critical for the job Holder
- Minimum 5 GCSE (A*-C / 4+) with emphasis on science subjects and Degree in Chemistry/Physics/Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Competent in the use of MSOffice (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Strong team player.
- Able to drive, and take ownership and responsibility of their work and think for themselves while being receptive to feedback to continuously improve the quality of the development.
- Ambitious and willing to learn.
- Have a strong can-do-attitude.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Related Jobs (1)
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician on 31st August 2023