Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) - Shildon
- Post Date:11th December 2023
- Views 350
About the job
Laboratory Technician(Undergraduate Placement Student)As a Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student), you will offer technical support to the global sealants business with respect to both operational and customer requests.Key Responsibilities
- Support team members in development, manufacture, application and testing of products to meet business requirements.
- Manufacture product samples using laboratory scale equipment in a safe manner.
- Apply test pieces following defined methods to high and consistent standards.
- Perform routine qualitative and quantitative tests to standard procedures.
- Assist team members in set up, use and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out other work as required according to the Task Request System.
- Input formulations into site MRP system.
- Carry out daily responsibilities relating to EHS, 5S and other Company initiatives.
- Scientific background either through work experience or education (crucial)!
- Phenomenal communication and interpersonal skills!
- Able to follow PPG and departmental procedures.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
About UsHere at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.The PPG WayEvery Single Day At PPGWe partner with customers to create mutual value.We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.We are “One PPG” to the world.We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.We trust our people every day, in every way.We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.We make it happen.We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.We run it like we own it.We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.We do better today than yesterday – everyday.We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
To Apply please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3731647335
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024