Laboratory Technician R&D
- Post Date:8th December 2023
- Views 77
About the job
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the coatings industry by continually investing in innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customers’ products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colourful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
We are currently looking for a Research & Development Technician (R&D Technician) to join us at our facility in Wellingborough, UK.
The Lab Technician provides direct support to the chemist and Wellingborough Team in the development of Refinish coating products.
- 5 Preparation and evaluation of coating formulations including fillers, liquid coatings, aerosols, and specialty type products.
- Accurately running and recording test results for all coatings formulations.
- Effectively interpret testing data and be able to communicate information to Chemist in an organized fashion using Microsoft Office Suite
- Support and communication with team members including other technicians, chemists, and Technical Demonstrators.
- Documentation of experimental test results using computer programs such as Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Actively participate in 5S initiatives to help improve the lab productivity and overall safety of the laboratory.
- Safely handle, categorize and dispose of chemicals on a routine basis.
- Ability to safely load, test, and transport materials in the laboratory.
- Handling multiple tasks under strict time constraints
- Ability to work well with supervisor and a variety of R&D, manufacturing, and marketing people in a team environment.
- College degree preferred, minimum HS diploma/GED AND one year certificate from college or technical school
- Chemistry and/or Paint and coatings formulation knowledge.
- Laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interest in hands-on work to ensure a good understanding of the products.
- Effective problem solver.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work well in both self-managed and team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions in over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability initiatives, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.
to apply please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3772514835
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024