- Post Date:1st April 2022 14320
- Views 84
Laboratory Technician – Temporary
Competitive Salary depending on experience, pension, 25 days holiday
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with the world leader in the development and production of inks, dyes and functional coatings serving the packaging, publication, graphic arts, coatings, plastics, cosmetics and industrial markets.
Thanks to our innovative products and great team – we are proud that the business is continuing to grow, we now have an opportunity for a Temporary Laboratory Technician to join our professional Research & Development team based in Midsomer Norton for a fixed term of 12 months.
Purpose of the Job:
- To work (as part of the laboratory based Electronic Materials team) by contributing towards customer support activities, on the support and maintenance of existing products and development of new products.
- Working closely with Technologists and the Technology Lead, the candidate will also be expected to carry out a range of daily activities in the laboratory as required.
Key responsibilities include:
Technical skills and ability to resolve problems across the specific product or application area, including e.g. an understanding of raw materials / ink chemistry / printing applications / technologies etc.
Product / Sample Testing:
Specific testing to defined standards or tolerances of samples, products, raw materials and the like.
Follow all appropriate procedures effectively and perform all appropriate tasks within set time scales and to set standards.
Input and Maintain Records / Data:
Ensure appropriate data is recorded accurately and in a timely fashion, ensure the regular maintenance of all records.
Qualifications / Experience Critical for the job Holder
- Minimum of 5 good GCSE grades ( A*- C / 4+ ), with emphasis on science subjects plus some experience working in a laboratory environment
- Degree in Chemistry/Physics or related discipline
- Competent in the use of MSOffice (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to analyze results and disseminate them in a professional and effective way
- Strong team player
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of their work and think for themselves while being receptive to feedback to continuously improve the quality of the development.
- Ambitious and willing to learn
- Hold a strong can-do-attitude
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.