Key Account Manager - Marine
- Post Date:29th July 2022
- Views 160
Key Account Manager
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated self-starter who has excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills to join our Marine team in the UK. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and customer focused.
As part of this role you will actively be involved in managing day to day business with existing customers, while growing our market share within these accounts. You will be expected to cultivate growth business within target accounts . You will respond proactively to complex enquiries offering market leading solutions to our customer’s needs.
Here’s some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Developing long-term sales plans for key customers, monitoring and adapting sales activities so that these objectives are met
- Establishing regular sales plans. Prioritizing and scheduling own activities according to Hempel’s guidelines so targets are met
- Positioning Hempel in the deserved market position by making a difference for our customers
- Working as part of a global sales team built around our customers
- Following all guidelines and Group procedures regarding Health & Safety and Environment
We’re looking for a proven communicator
Our ideal candidate will need to be highly organised and able to plan effectively and efficiently. Self-motivation and organisation are a necessity. You will need to be customer focused and understand customer needs and how Hempel can fulfil them as well as possessing strong negotiation skills. You will already have a proven track record of achieving challenging targets and developing profitable sales in a field-based role. The role will entail working with many colleagues around the world and across various disciplines.
Required education, experience and job-related skills
- Technical studies or University degree in a related field would be valuable
- At least 2 years of experience in similar tasks
- Knowledge of the paint sector preferable
- Quality oriented with proven experience of working to quality standards
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English
- Computer skills (MS Programs)
- Mandatory required training according to Group Training Policy (see e-convention)
At Hempel, we are working together to shape a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions. We believe this is only possible with dedicated employees with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Hempel is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and culture that embraces the diversity of our employees and the customers we serve, providing equal opportunity for all.