Key Account Manager - Marine
- Post Date:17th February 2023
- Views 45
Provide coating solutions to key customers within the Marine Industry
As the Key Account Manager for the Marine Division, you’ll be tasked with growing this line of impactful marine coatings throughout the assigned territory.
Join a fast paced, engaged team of Sales Professionals
We have an ambitious goal – to double in size by 2025. Help us achieve that goal by growing our market share by building relationships and providing expert advice to our customers. Having working knowledge about liquid coating application will serve you as you work alongside customers to improve coating performance.
You will become an expert on our products and collaborate with R&D, Product Development and Marketing to further your knowledge and understand how to solution sell it effectively. Building invaluable relationships with customers, you’ll be their go to person to help effectively serve their business needs.
Here’s some of the other things to look forward to:
- Developing long-term sales plans for key customers, monitoring and adapting sales activities so that these objectives are met
- Establishing regular sales plans. Prioritising and scheduling own activities according to Hempel’s guidelines so targets are met
- Positioning Hempel in the deserved market position by making a difference for our customers
- Working as part of a global sales team built around our customers
We’re looking for a proven communicator
Being highly organised and able to plan effectively and efficiently whilst having self-motivation and organisation are a necessity. Customers are at the heart of what we do and understanding customer needs and how Hempel can fulfil them as well as possessing strong negotiation skills is key to this role. You will be able to demonstrate where you have achieved targets whilst developing profitable sales in a field-based role. The role will entail working with many colleagues around the world and across various teams.
What does it take to join our Hempel family?
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record and tick the boxes when it comes to the following:
- Technical studies or University degree in a related field would be valuable
- Experience within paint or coatings application, or other related industries
- Sales and relationship building experience
- Excellent negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills
- An organised, independant, and proactive approach
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, Excel and Power Point
- Overnight travel and full UK driving license required
- Experience with hands on training of contractors, specifiers, distribution and field personnel a plus.
Break records with our team
We’re proud to have been awarded Coatings Company of the Year!
At Hempel, our purpose is to shape a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions and we strive for it every day. This is the reason we felt so excited for winning this award.
We will continue to support our customers on their sustainability journey, delivering energy efficient solutions for all kinds of vessels, in all kinds of conditions, in both artic and tropical waters. Hempaguard, our leading high-performance hull coating with over 3,000 applications has already succeeded CO2 savings of 27 million tonnes and we are still coating!
Business Development, Sales
Across the globe, Hempel’s coatings solutions protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915 by J.C. Hempel, and is solely owned by the Hempel Foundation, which not only ensures a solid economic base for the company, but is dedicated to making a difference in the world by empowering children to learn, supporting coatings science and sustaining biodiversity.