Ink Technologist – (Technical Support)
- Post Date:20th September 2021 14020
- Views 67
JOB TITLE: Ink Technologist ( Technical Sales Support)
TERRITORY: UK and Europe
JOB PURPOSE: Technical support for new business development and existing business management.
REPORTING TO: Technical Manager /General Manager
Company brief :
Simpsons UK Ltd is subsidiary of Roha group of companies. Roha group is more than 40 years old and one of
the largest multinational colourant manufacturer with sales offices, warehouse and manufacturing facilities
Key Job responsibilities:
Management of technical and application support and carrying out Customer
Projects, Vendor Projects, New Product Development, New product QC Testing, Product Matching, external
- Develop suitable range of pigments and dyes for different Ink’s system
- Testing organic pigments in different Ink system and confirm suitability in end application.
- Prepare quality control procedure for pigments in different Ink’s medium.
- Technical support by e-mails, online meeting platforms, phone and personal visit.
- Review customer feedback for samples with the sales team on weekly basis . prepare action plan for
rejected samples and follow –up to get new approvals.
- Managing projects – collection of technical information from factories, preparation and completion of
samples and documentation for customer approval.
- Prepare technical documentation for product range ( TDS,PDS,MSDS,ETC)
- Investigate and Diagnose customer complaints and give suitable solution.
- Benchmarking product against competitors standard : Analyze and collect competitor information to
improve sales strategies.
- Develop and implement product promotion initiatives and strategies to target new business
- Team working with internal departments in day to day tasks and any other tasks assigned by line
- Manage customer questionnaire and application inquiries
- Prepare promotional tools like Flyers, technical presentation
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Prepare and Update weekly and monthly reports.
SKILL / ABILITIES REQURIED:
- Fluent in writing and spoken English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Ink formulation, printing ink industry
- Extensive customer contact for product promotion.
Technical knowledge of industrial pigments and Ink’s system.
Excellent business relationship management skills, persuading and influencing people to generate
and secure higher levels of business.
build powerful presentations to deliver technical sales messages and overcome resistance.
Structured powerful persuasive techniques in a patient, calm and effective way
Use of IT ( SAP, , Microsoft word, excel, access and Internet)
Qualification & Experience:
Candidate should have qualifications in Printing Ink Technology , polymer
science which covers resins and other raw materials of Ink formulations and colourants for inks,
qualification in printing technology is desirable but not essential. Ideal candidate should have good
knowledge of pigments, dyes, different printing processes, Ink formulations and trouble shooting.
Simpsons range of products:
INDUSTRIAL DYES & PIGMENTS , PIGMENT DISPERSIONS AND COLOURANTS
- Salary : GBP 35,000, negotiable depending on experience.
- Bonus : 20 % based on KRA
- Laptop : Given by company
- Mobile : Given by company
- Company car : Use of own car, mileage paid by company
- Credit card : Use of own card, company will pay business expenses
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]