Ink Lab Technician / Colourist
- Post Date:6th August 2021
- Views 355
Siegwerk is an international, market leading manufacturer of printing inks for all kinds of packaging. For Paper & Board applications, Siegwerk offers flexographic inks for all forms of packaging from corrugated board to bags, tissue, cups and wrapping paper.
Siegwerk UK, based in Swadlincote, Derbyshire, is now looking for an Ink Technician / Colourist to join our Application Laboratory team to support our growing and dynamic customer base.
- Perform Colour matching for clients, produces colour drawdowns to be sent to the client and records formulation information.
- Provide support to the technical team for the preparation of new business proposals, and maintenance of customer Colour library.
- Use analytic equipment to determine properties of inks/prints.
- Perform other laboratory tests relating to the application of inks and their performance as required.
- QC responsibility of intermediate and finished products.
- Assist with production issues/troubleshooting.
- Interaction with customers to discuss their requirements and assist with troubleshooting.
- Good colour vision (will be tested)
- Minimum 2 years experience working with printing inks, colour matching and analysis
- Experience of working in a laboratory
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills to develop relationships with customers and work with other departments
- The ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
Please apply by sending your CV to [email protected]