- Post Date:21st December 2023
- Apply Before: 9th March 2024
- Views 73
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000
Be the lead and technical expert on all HSE matters including legislation
To drive and maintain legal compliance with HSE legislation at Heywood and support legal compliance
To advise line management with the implementation of new or existing HSE related legislation,
procedures and company standards to ensure legal compliance, stakeholder requirements are met and
risks are managed
Duties and responsibilities
• Implement and maintain the HSE Policy, processes and guidelines
• To support the achievement of the HSE strategy, objectives and KPIs
• To drive continuous improvement in relation to HSE
• To support the functional managers in ensuring they understand HSE legal requirements, INX
• To support the implementation and to maintain a HSE Management system which is integrated
into the INX Business Management System and meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and 45001
• Ensure that Risk Assessments including COSHH and manual handling are completed and
• Liaise with external bodies including HSE to support any investigations and queries
• To ensure correct PPE is specified, allocated, maintained and worn
• To investigate and follow up any Accidents, incidents and near misses
• To guide and train all INX employees on the HSE requirements including induction for new
employees, to ensure everyone on site understands their duty of care and what they need to do to
protect themselves and everyone on site
• To support and conduct HSE training and toolbox talk to improve the overall culture
• To support the implementation of Health & Safety Wellbeing Strategy
• To conduct housekeeping audits, raising issues to discuss with appropriate Functional Managers
• To maintain and update the H&S and Environmental Legal Register
• To produce regular HSE KPI data and reports and generate clear actions plans and opportunities
• To support the budgeting process, controlling costs in HSE
• To evaluate environmental impacts and aspects, identify those which are significant and produce
objectives and targets which drive improvements
Support managers with the return to work process and conduct any specific personal risk
assessments including maternity
• To support and co-ordinate Occupational Health visits including health surveillance
• To support the sustainability/CSR strategy, including the Ecovadis submission process
• To support the business in its environmental legal compliance including packaging regulations,
plastic packaging and the Environmental Permit
5 years working in H&S in a
Good understanding of UK HSE law
ISO 14001 and 45001 knowledge
Be computer literate with Microsoft
Office to a proficient level with good
Excellent verbal and written
communication skills with the ability to
communicate effectively across all
levels within the Company.
Excellent Interpersonal at all levels.
Experience working within
manufacturing or similar environment.
Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise
work and multi-task.
Ability to work within and across
teams and also on own initiative.
Attention to detail.
Organized and methodical.
Enthusiastic and positive.
To work and behave in line with the
INX Core Values.
Influential and collaborative where
needed to ensure that common goals
are achieved, drive and determined to
deliver in challenging situations
Must be hands on and willing to work
at all levels, from being on the shop
floor and working alongside all
employees, doing administrative
tasks, conducting training
Able to travel
Experience of working across
Europe as well as UK
Understanding of the Compliance
People (LUS) portal
Experience of the Ecovadis process
The role is full time, working 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday.
Salary £35,000 – £40,000 DOE
Workplace will be, INX International, Heywood, OL10 2TW.