- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 42
About the job
Our company can only deliver sustainable high performance if our employees can reach their full potential and grow and develop together with AkzoNobel. We want to ensure employees are offered continuous learning and development opportunities. With that intention in mind please find job opportunity mentioned below. Please make sure you discuss the same with your manager before applying. You can also refer someone you know for the job!HSE Advisor
Felling, Gateshead NE10 0JY
HSE Advisor – Introduction
This is a rare opportunity for a qualified Health & Safety professional with experience of operating in a COMAH facility to develop their career in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe and now you can be part of the team. Join us and you will be the key point of contact for guidance on HSE matters, while enhancing the HSE culture at our manufacturing facility in Felling. We will look to you to ensure our production teams are managing health and safety procedures in compliance with company requirements and the law.
HSE Advisor – The Role
- Build production teams understanding of safety processes.
- Guide colleagues to develop and ensure implementation of HSES policies, procedures, plans and practices in line with Company & regulatory requirements.
- Drive site’s HSE activities/initiatives.
- Support/mentor line leaders on HSE issues.
- Proactively manage risk/hazards
- Facilitate move from compliance to commitment-based safety.
- Deliver continuous improvement against standards & targets to achieve year on year growth.
HSE Advisor – About You
- NEBOSH Diploma / International Diploma.
- COMAH experience (preferably Upper Tier).
- Environmental qualification.
- Experience of environmental management/reporting.
- Comfortable working with management systems such as ISO 14001 & 45001
- Used to driving continuous improvement in processes, policies & standards.
- Has strong strategic & conceptual abilities gained in a manufacturing operation.
- Excellent communication, influencing & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
HSE Advisor – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
HSE Advisor – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 31454