Health and Safety Manager
- Post Date:21st January 2022 14171
- Views 231
Fine Decor Wallcoverings Ltd is a leading Wallcoverings and Décor products supplier based in Congleton, Cheshire and part of the Brewster group whose offices are in Boston, USA.
The business is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager; we’re open to applications from H&S Officers/Advisors looking for their next step up and also open to applications for either full or part time hours.
We are looking for an outgoing individual who can easily forge strong relationships both internally and with key external stakeholders.
This role will provide a comprehensive, professional H&S service to the Company; ensuring it meets its legal obligations and provides a safe working environment for its employees, contractors and clients. You will ensure that best practice in the offices and on site are implemented, monitored and maintained in order to provide a safe working environment for both employees and the general public and comply with the relevant legislation.
Working with the Senior Management team you will contribute to the success of the business by managing the creation, development and delivery of cost effective training programmes both internally and externally to our workforce, enabling them to remain compliant with legislative requirements in order to provide a high quality service.
- Responsible for supporting the development and completion of the induction training for all employees
- Support the Operations Director in achieving the Health and Safety objectives through:
- The development and monitoring of the Health and Safety management system
- Monitoring, reporting on and reducing the incident frequency rate for the business
- The creation of safe systems of work
- The provision of H&S reports
- Communicating effectively to all aspects of the business ensuring full compliance with H & S regulations
- ISO 45001 compliance
There may be occasions where you will be expected to attend site out of normal working hours to either engage with staff or as part of an emergency exercise.
What we expect:
- Undertake health and safety reviews of the site
- Ensure all relevant policies are adhered to in order to ensure legislative compliance
- Assist each department to develop its H&S training strategy
- Provide health and safety advice to manager and employees
- Carry out assessments that are outside the competence of operational managers i.e. Significant Risk, COSHH, noise, HAVS
- Provide risk management guidance to managers to improve competences
- Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge
- Chair and develop the H&S Committee and ensure all H&S Representatives are fully trained and compliant with their responsibilities
- Ensure that the budget is adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within set levels
- Review & negotiate SLAs with contractors/ suppliers ensuring cost effectiveness
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal managers and external clients
What we are looking for:
- High level of technical health and safety knowledge
- Track record of ability to deliver against targets and within set timescales
- Decisive decision maker and problem solver
- Flexible & analytical approach to work
- Excellent communication, presentation, organisational & time management skills
- Proficient computer skills (all aspects of Microsoft Office)
- Experience designing and delivering Health and Safety training – Manual Handling, Working at Heights, Risk Assessments etc.
- NEBOSH qualification
If you think you meet the criteria, please email your CV to [email protected]