- Post Date:20th October 2023
- Views 74
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world.
At Synthomer you are part of a truly global team, open for new ideas and different cultures. Our Graduate Leader Programme offers an exciting career accelerator: It’s a structured development journey of two years, based on several rotational assignments which allow you to contribute to the Synthomer strategy from day one. During the programme you will be supported through learning events, mentoring and personal development planning.
- You will independently plan and execute technical work packages associated with defined innovation projects
- Analyse and assess critical data (experimental, applications or business) to draw and present conclusions
- Effectively apply your solid understanding of a specific technical area to solve problems
- Work closely with a team of other technical staff and are expected to develop working relationships with operational, commercial and regulatory colleagues to support delivery of business objectives.
- Develop a broad understanding of Synthomer as a whole, working with and supporting other functions as necessary during the programme
What Are We Looking For….
- Relevant degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or related field
- Analytical knowledge in at least one of the following GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS and FT-IR
- Understanding of method development/ validation
- Practical experience is a plus
- Experience in emulsion polymerisation is also beneficial
- Team working and influencing
- Business Acumen
- Manage and Execute Projects
- Understand and follow lab safety practices
“At Synthomer we value the difference everyone brings to work and we are committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, where people are supported to make their best contribution in creating a vibrant and successful business”
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023