Global Product Manager
- Post Date:2nd August 2021
- Views 357
U-POL is a leading supplier of fillers, coatings and aerosols to the professional and consumer automotive aftercare markets with a strong reputation for high quality products. U-POL has extensive research and development facilities and manufactures at its Wellingborough site from where it sells to over 100 countries. U-POL’s 60-year track record in the industry, its enviable portfolio of strong brands such as U-POL, RAPTOR and ISOPON, coupled with continued international expansion and reputation for innovation, make it a world-class business.
U-POL has ambitious development and growth plans and is now recruiting a graduate to join its dynamic marketing team as a Global Product Manager to take responsibility for a wide range of automotive repair products based in Wellingborough.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Business and/or Science-based graduate, who is keen to start their career in a product marketing and project management based role. This is a highly commercial position, so the successful candidate will have already demonstrated their potential for strong business acumen and leadership.
The Global Product Manager is a key position within the organisation, so the role offers significant responsibility and accountability from day one. It will also provide valuable experience through exposure to senior management and other internal functions and will involve working closely with many markets outside of the UK. For the successful candidate there will be plenty of opportunity for further development and progression within the organisation.
- The Global Product Manager will be responsible for managing a wide range of fillers, coatings and aerosol products. These products currently account for c.50% of total turnover with sales of over £50m.
- They will champion every aspect of product development throughout the product life cycle for all products within their responsibility, including new product development and launch, changes to existing products, pricing, category management, compliance and product deletion.
- They are responsible for monitoring and supporting the sale of these products through a variety of channels including automotive trade and retail to consumers and professional users.
- They will monitor and analyse the performance of their product portfolio and take appropriate actions to ensure that all products deliver agreed sales targets.
- Through a deep understanding of the market and awareness of competitor products and activity they will gain valuable insights into the needs of end users to help deliver more effective product development.
- They will engage with all functions across the business and project manage a broad range of projects including the development of an agreed pipeline of NPD.
- Use internal master data and various sales reports to analyse and monitor sales and profitability of both new and existing products and be pro-active in developing initiatives that ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Work closely with R&D, Master Data, Supply Chain, Sales and Brand Management to project manage an agreed pipeline of new products from concept through the launch using the StageGate process.
- Gather as much market intelligence and end user insights as possible to help identify further improvements to our range either through existing product development or NPD.
- Work closely with the Artwork & Packaging Design Co-ordinator to either create new artwork or manage any labelling changes to existing products, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Manage the successful implementation of any changes agreed to the existing range of products including any cost saving initiatives.
- In close consultation with both sales and brand management, develop support material and data required to help drive sales of existing products.
- Attend regular internal meetings and lead a variety of ad-hoc cross functional projects.
- Educated in a Business and/or Science-based degree.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Have demonstrated strong commercial acumen with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a desire to progress rapidly.
- Ability to engage and lead others and manage complex projects.
- Ability to multi-task and manage own work load.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Able to prioritise and work calmly under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- 25 days’ paid holiday
- Private healthcare
- Company pension fund
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
Reporting to: Global Category Director
Location: Wellingborough HQ.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].