Global Compliance Manager
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 100
Purpose Of The Job
To identify, assess, manage and mitigate ethics and compliance risks associated with our business through evaluating, designing/redesigning and developing compliance frameworks.
Ensure our frameworks are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The role will support the growth of the business into new sectors and geographical areas, and more generally to the rapidly evolving compliance landscape.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of Synthomer’s compliance framework, including monitoring its performance and effectiveness
- Identify and risk assess relevant ethics and compliance risks within a maintained risk register
- Maintain and implement an appropriate strategy and action plan for managing and mitigating identified ethics and compliance risks within agreed risk
- Review, develop & implement policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with key ethics and compliance risk areas, including GDPR, bribery & corruption, competition law, human rights/modern slavery, trade sanctions, MAR, third party contract compliance
- Facilitate partnership with the wider Group Legal team, Procurement and/or other relevant functions to ensure integration of due diligence and screening processes into business operations and financial controls
- Identify ethics and compliance training needs, support development of new and enhanced training programmes (blended learning — classroom/e-learning)
- Engage regularly with senior stakeholders with regard to the management of key risk areas, e.g. to keep the Synthomer Board, Audit Committee and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Manage Ethics Helpline reports and investigations, ensuring compliance with applicable data privacy and other laws
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures, guidance and training are in place to manage regulator inquiries, investigations, unannounced visits (dawn raids), etc
- Undertake comprehensive compliance due diligence on acquisition targets, establishing and overseeing a process for timely integration of the acquired entity/business into the Synthomer compliance framework
Essential Job Requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Significant corporate compliance and ethics experience within large corporate multi-national organisation, ideally in manufacturing
- Extensive experience in competition law, bribery & corruption, data protection, trade sanctions, modern slavery, understanding regulator expectations for corporate compliance frameworks
- Proficient in designing and implementing compliance frameworks and driving improvements within corporate compliance frameworks and organisational culture
- Professional gravitas, assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility, presenting to, senior stakeholders, including Executive management teams, Boards, Audit Committees
- Strong cultural awareness, adaptability and confidence to operate across geographic regions
- Pall Mall based role with Global travel as/when required
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (7)
Territory Sales Consultant on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
UK Retail Print Brand Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Polymer Plant Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Store Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
HSE Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Territory Manager – Reading on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Technical Projects Manager on 11th May 2023 Full Time