- Post Date:21st February 2022
- Views 337
- Salary £25K-£35K
Hours: 35 hours a week
Wage: £25-35k (Dependant on Experience) per annum
Pension: NEST Pension Scheme
Start date: May 2022
Location: 95 % Laboratory / Office based in Baglan Bay, Nr Swansea, South Wales. Some international travel will be required to meet with customers and attend trade events.
Hexigone is a fast growing, highly ambitious company whose vision is to be the new industry standard in corrosion protection. Their new-to-market, award-winning technology protects metal assets for up to 50% longer, and will be utilised in core industries such as aerospace, oil & gas and automotive. Hexigone have already generated huge demand globally and are formulating with 100+ coating manufacturers, steel producers and O&G end asset owners worldwide.
It’s an exciting time to join the company, and we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Coatings Chemist to work autonomously on coatings formulations and to help the Commercial Director with technical customer enquiries, enabling efficient incorporation into a range of chemistries.
To date Hexigone has been utilised as a drop-in replacement with great success, but the team now wish to build upon the performance and product adoption, with bespoke formulations tailored around the Intelli-ion® technology.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, a variety of responsibilities and multi-discipline challenges. Please apply now.
About the Role
We are looking for a person with detailed knowledge of fundamental paint formulation with the ability to help customers with formulation adjustments to obtain maximum benefit from our products.
Practical knowledge of mixing, milling, and dispersing techniques used in coatings production.
Practical skills to make up and test laboratory samples including mixing and spraying.
A confident manner and the ability to support international customers and distributors by telephone, Zoom / Teams and in person if required.
Would suit a coatings laboratory chemist with an interest in customer support.
Full customer interaction training/company orientation will be provided.
The position could potentially be offered as a flexible/ part time role.
At Hexigone, the Coatings Chemist will be responsible for:
- Leading on creating formulations based on the Intelli-ion® technology.
- Develop and manage the coatings Laboratory.
- Liaise with the Technical/Quality and Commercial Teams at all levels.
- Support the Commercial Director with customer technical queries.
- Maintain High Levels of Health and Safety within the Laboratory
- Liaise with customer technical teams directly to ensure formulation and testing protocols are performed correctly.
Individuals that will be successful in this role will have:
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Technical formulation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Works well on own and as part of a dynamic team
- Willingness to work in other departments of the company when required
- Previous experience in a paint formulation/R&D role
- Excellent knowledge of coatings additives
- Experience in writing reports and liaising with customers (Desirable)
- Liquid paint system formulation experience
- Worked within arrange of primer chemistries
- Anti-corrosive primer experience
- Demonstratable experience of formulation problem solving
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have previous experience in a paint formulation/R&D role?
Application deadline: 31/03/2022
Expected start date: 01/05/2022