Food & Beverage Project Development Manager EMEAI
- Post Date:12th November 2021
- Views 385
Job Title: Food & Beverage Project Development Manager EMEAI
The Project Development Manager’s (PDM) role and responsibility will be to identify, prioritize, and secure Protective & Marine projects. It is critical that these efforts begin in the design phase stages of a project. Project development will be achieved through building effective relationships with asset owners and specifiers, advancing our specification position and ultimately overseeing the efforts to the point where the project is transitioned to the selling organization.
Additionally, proactive development of specifications and related activities with asset owners and specifiers should occur in anticipation of future projects with these firms. This will be accomplished by engaging and influencing key decision makers including multiple levels of management and procurement.
Another important aspect of this position will be to provide training and guidance to P&M Sales Representatives and customers regarding relevant coating solutions.
Project Development Managers are either (1) multi-segment: providing solutions to a variety of market segments in a assigned geography or (2) specialized: providing solutions to a specific market segment (Marine, Mining, Pharma, Oil & Gas, Food and Beverage and Bridge & Highway) or technologies (Fire Protection, Resinous Flooring). A high degree of domain knowledge relative to the market and products is required to effectively position value internally and externally.
- The Project Development Manager is measured by the following:
- Achieve established geographic area or market segment project sales and margin goals.
- Secure and manage an assigned number of design phase projects annually.
- Attain new product sales goals.
- Achieve business plan goals for asset owners and specifiers.
- Achieve budgeted travel and expense within company guidelines in achieving the above results.
- Drive differentiation and competitive advantage through the introduction of new technologies and new products.
- Gather and feed competitive intelligence within P&M key roles inclusive of Regional Market Segment Directors, Global Market Segment Directors and Project Development Director.
- Development and successful implementation of established business plan.
- Directly engage asset owners and specifiers to identify, manage and secure key projects.
- Manage select design phase projects along the critical path and transition to the sales team to secure the sales on these projects.
- Obtain, understand and modify Opportunity Specifier firms’ master specification to position Sherwin-Williams in a preferred specification position.
- Develop a preferred specification position within select owners’ specifications by understanding their intended end results.
- Develop proposals and presentations to key customers.
Contributing to Team Success
- Drive the P&M specification & sales efforts through interaction with sales, strategic accounts, technical, manufacturing, marketing and other regions of the world.
- Act as a consultant/advisor on specifications.
- Effectively articulate the Sherwin-Williams product offering and value propositions to target customers.
- Actively promote the introduction of new products to Sherwin-Williams target customers.
- Deliver effective market and product training to internal and external customers.
- Ensure thought leadership in the focus market(s) through research, articles, presentations and interviews.
- Deliver high impact presentations to various levels of customers (shop floor to boardroom)
- Be actively involved in industry associations to endorse Sherwin-Williams as a coatings leader in protective and marine space.
- Effectively leverage resources to achieve results in a matrix organization.
- Track and report results/activities to transition project information to the sales organization at the appropriate time.
- Degree or equivalent is preferred, in related technical/business field.
- Extensive years of business or coatings industry experience preferred.
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience in business to business preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of corrosion protection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.