FLT and Logistics Operator
- Post Date:29th August 2023
- Apply Before: 28th July 2025
- Views 20
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.Inbound Logistics Operator
Salary up to £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
Permanent role but fixed term contract opportunities are also available
Ideally with experience of using SAP ERP in a logistics/manufacturing environment you are ready for a new role in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting an Inbound Logistics Coordinator to oversee the offloading of goods and materials in compliance with our standard operating and Integrated Management Systems procedures at our operation in Birmingham.
An FLT Counterbalance Licence is required for this role.
The role is day shift working the following shift patterns:
6:30am – 2:30pm
7:30am – 3:30pm
8:30am – 4:30pm
Inbound Logistics Coordinator – The Role
- Check incoming materials documentation for accuracy & certificate of analysis.
- Check materials condition & accuracy prior to acceptance.
- Off-load bulk/non-bulk (trailers) deliveries.
- Book in off loaded materials.
- Apply internal labels to raw materials & intermediates.
- Collaborate with production colleagues to avoid interruptions to plant during offloads.
- Assemble prebatching picks for production & return unused material to stores.
- Ensure stock accuracy of bulks & store locations.
- Follow housekeeping procedures.
Inbound Logistics Coordinator – About You
- Completed secondary education.
- Comfortable operating IT systems.
- Experience of SAP or other ERP systems an advantage.
- Excellent communication, team working & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Eye for detail.
- Flexible to work a shift system.
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks.
Inbound Logistics Coordinator – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Inbound Logistics Coordinator – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Related Jobs (42)
HSE Advisor on 21st September 2023
DTS Field Service Engineer on 21st September 2023
Multi Skilled Technician on 21st September 2023
Territory Manager – Manchester on 8th September 2023
Business Assistant on 8th September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 1st September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Southampton (FTC,3 months) on 8th September 2023
Technical Services Representative – Packaging Coatings on 8th September 2023
Export Customer Service on 5th September 2023
Territory Sales Consultant on 3rd September 2023