- Post Date:29th October 2021
- Views 192
Farrow & Ball – Financial Controller, Wimborne
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base. Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is our people, our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
Following a period of exponential growth and successful acquisition by the Hempel Group. We have created a new opportunity within our Finance department to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the transitional period and far beyond. This a permanent full-time position based predominately at our head office in Wimborne with some flexibility to work remotely.
As the Financial Controller, you will report to the Finance Director, leading financial control, specifically focusing on management accounts, across all our core markets (UK, NA, DE, FR). This role will suit you if you are someone who loves a challenge, continuously seeks to improve, and streamline processes and is natural leader of people.
Key Responsibilities of Financial Controller:
- Ensuring accurate and timely production of management and financial accounts across all group entities
- Driving a program of works to improve timelines for the financial close process in line with Group expectations.
- Collating monthly analytical performance data to be provided to management and group reporting
- Managing annual statutory audit together with completion of accounts review processes in non-UK markets
- Guiding the wider finance team to ensure completion and submission of all VAT, Sales Taxes, and Intra-Stat returns
- Overseeing and engaging with external tax advisors surrounding global corporation taxes
- Adhering to accounting policies and procedures under IFRS and other reporting standards
- Controlling Capital expenditure and system processing in a timely manner
- Acting as a banking authoriser for the processing of payments
- Engaging with business leaders to support a transition of reporting methodology
- Providing direction to the team in improving business insights that enable informed decision making
Your Key Attributes/Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) +5Years PQE
- Demonstrable experience with all aspects of financial control, management accounts, forecasting, reporting, accounts consolidation
- Working knowledge within a manufacturing financial environment would be beneficial however not essential
- Competent in analysing and investigating data
- High-level Excel skills
- Strong people leadership and communication skills
- Natural ability to influence and drive change
- Accurate and diligent
- Motivated and self-starting
What you can expect from us
· A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
· 25 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
· Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
· Private Medical Insurance
· Generous staff discount on F&B products
· Free onsite parking at our head office
· Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
· Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
· Health Cash Plan
· Company Sick Pay
· Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
· Life Assurance
· Refer a Friend scheme
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Season Ticket Loans for travel
We are an equal opportunities employer.