- Post Date:4th November 2022
- Views 57
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves. With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose of Finance Manager role: To accurately prepare and manage the financial accounting and local compliance including statutory accounting, audit and group submission for actuals, budget and forecast results. To manage a team of 1 or more direct reports and ensuring appropriately mentored. To provide leadership and direction for the team to ensure stakeholders’ expectations are continuously met.
This is an exciting hybrid position in our Harlow Shared service centre with three days in the office required and two from home.
- Manage the team to ensure a timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and other required reports within Company guidelines
- Balance Sheet reconciliations to be reviewed timely into Blackline ensuring the balance sheet is clean and no aged / unresolved items are outstanding as well as promoting timeliness of preparation within the team
- Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts for the legal entities in charge and ensure these are filed timely
- Overall responsible for assets in construction to ensure these are timely capitalised – including regular meetings with the team are in place to review the monthly aged and overrun report
- Assist the VAT manager and Tax Manager /Consultants to ensure full tax compliance
- Support the external auditors during interim and year end audit, ensuring information is provided timely
- Work with the internal audit department to ensure that any issue raised by them is actioned and resolved by due date
- Ensure the GRIR account is appropriately managed by the team with no aged balance left unresolved / unexplained
- Responsible for the review and timely submission of weekly cashflow forecast
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the annual BS budget whilst supporting the budgeting of the P&L process
- Ensure weekly payment runs are timely approved by the team
- Managing a team of qualified accountants and responsible for their development and training
- Assist the Senior Accounting Manager with finance projects and ad-hoc requests
- Ensure compliance by all Accounting personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and implementation of policies and internal controls and ensure all related process documentation is reviewed and updated continuously
- Assist with preparation of KPI’s for the Accounting function
- Ensure Team job descriptions, performance objectives and appraisals, and career development processes are completed.
- Vast involvement in project work.
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to create a culture that fosters process improvement, high performing teams, and excellence in customer service.
- Ability to lead and manage change effectively.
- Extensive experience and judgment in planning and accomplishing goals.
- Ability to lead a Team to achieve best in class results, ensure employee engagement, development and succession planning
- Experience in working cross-functionally and in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large, European focused Finance team for a FTSE 250 company in a Managerial role. Therefore applications will close on the 18th of November, please apply asap to be considered.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (44)
Manufacturing Operator – Stowmarket on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Sales Assistant – Sittingbourne – F/T 39 Hours on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Coating Advisor on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Customer Service Executive on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Integrated Marketing Manager on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Business Systems Developer on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Visual Content Designer on 24th March 2023 Temporary
Sales Assistant / Driver on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Technician on 24th March 2023 Full Time