- Post Date:30th July 2021 13927
- Views 160
Job Title: Finance Manager (Can be based either in Wokingham or Sheffield)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Business partner to the Trade and DIY sales teams.
- Work with Sales Managers to analyse, model and make recommendations for trading agreements and price justifications.
- Support account teams in commercial decisions that require financial consideration. This will include analysis of customer and industry sales, pricing decisions, Requests for Quotes (RFQs), and tenders, and, preparing proforma models. These responsibilities will be met through your knowledge of pricing, plant costing processes and toll manufacturers to complete make/buy decision analysis.
- Prepare, review and distribute customer profitability reporting packs with high level narrative, and present at UK retail, trade and BEG channel meetings.
- Control and manage the volume rebate provision including calculating and initiating payments to customers, supported by an analyst.
- Support Product Managers by using relevant data to support the businesses product lifecycle, analysing and appraising market opportunities to make launch recommendations through proforma models.
- Use analytical and soft skills to analyse, validate and prepare financial data and presentations to present to management and their teams.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the businesses financial systems (Oracle R12 and MicroStrategy) to be able to extract and use relevant data and use to analyse business performance, product costing, inventory, pricing and hierarchies.
- Build excellent relationships with plant management, gaining their trust and have an in-depth understanding of plant operations to support financial decision-making including CAPEX analysis.
- Support efficient working capital objectives by representing finance in the monthly cycle of product development and portfolio management meetings and running the inventory management meeting.
- Support the businesses budgeting and forecasting processes for building invoiced sales, volume rebates and standard costs.
- Ensures compliance with corporate, statutory and department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Support annual audit demands and questions.
- Be adaptable to changes in the future setup of legal entities and the impact on core systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CIMA / ACCA professional accounting qualification accreditation
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess strong business analytic aptitude to drive large quantities of data into insight data output and reporting.
- Post accounting qualification experience.
- Strong analytic / problem solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint) skills including Excel functions (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX) and Pivot Tables.
- Strong ad-hoc report building skills (Microstrategy, etc.)
- Solid written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organisation, project management and planning skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- CIMA or ACCA
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.