Finance Director UK&I
- Post Date:8th January 2024
- Views 48
About the job
Birstall / Hybrid
You will be an important member of the UK&I Leadership team and will partner with the business to make the right decisions to create value and achieve sustainable growth.
As the Finance Director, you will have overall responsibility for the business finance operations including controlling, planning and analysis, commercial support and supporting investment decisions. You will place emphasis on identifying the needs and risks, and use this to challenge the status quo.
The UK&I Architectural Coatings Department is one of the most significant businesses in the PPG EMEA region and the Finance Director contributes in supporting the business on all strategic aspects, observing PPG processes, internal controls and compliance standards.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with strong interpersonal skills and a background in leadership in large and complex organisations, able to improve, drive change and development. You will be experienced, and able to operate and influence at a senior management level.
You will report to the AC West & Central Finance Director.
- Lead the UK&I finance team, providing guidance to lead a high-performance culture
- Core member of the UK&I Leadership team, working with the business to develop and deliver the AC UK&I strategy
- Understand business and economic trends and how this translates into business results. Propose actions to improve financial performance and measure progress against those goals
- Understand and explain the implications of our performance through important financial documents: P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Provide financial support to the development of business cases, including commercial proposals, ACT’s, and acquisitions, and providing post-project support and oversight.
- Lead any specific project affecting UK&I from a business finance point of view.
- Ensure an internal control environment to include supporting annual SOX testing and ensuring any issues identified are remediated promptly.
- Work with Heads of Finance/Finance Directors across AC W&C EMEA to ensure sharing of standard methodologies and providing support as and when needed.
- A professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), demonstrating a strong foundation in financial principles and practices.
- Showcase senior managerial experience, with experience leading a finance team.
- Demonstrate commercial decision-making skills, aligning financial strategies with organizational objectives.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, enabling clear and effective communication with both financial and non-financial stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3785748491
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024