Finance Analyst - Credit Collections
- Post Date:20th October 2022 14592
- Views 25
DescriptionSherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative, and passionate. We believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive.Your TasksThis position is primarily responsible for maximising profitable sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses. The basic objective is to protect the company’s investment in receivables to provide the best possible return for the company from the borrowed invested in AR and to provide financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of account under control.You Will Be Expected To
- Chasing debts by phone/email, speaking on behalf of the company requiring good communication/diplomacy/tact/negotiation skills. In a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business.
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit + debit notes requiring accounting skills (including rebates), including:
- Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledgers, requiring attention to detail for multiple currencies
- Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to by customers, and order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement, following order release process flow.
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing reoccurrences
- Month End Aged Debt reporting, including monthly review calls liaising with Finance Directors, Sales/Business Managers
- Build strong relationships with customers and understands customers approval and payment practices.
- Chasing of claims/disputes/credit notes to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly
- Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts considering the risk involved and liaising closely with sales with for export credit knowledge of export documentation and other payment methods
- Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities. This involves the use of Credit Check Reports via a Credit Check Agency, the basic understanding of financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L) within approval limits requiring good numeracy skills
- Ensures services delivered are compliant with SOX, Sherwin Williams policies, procedures, and all local statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Works with Internal Audit and external auditors to support their activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.What We Are Looking For
- CICM, AAT studier, part qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualification
- GCSE Maths/ English – A-C level would be preferable
- 2 years Credit Control or Accounting background ideally, or a minimum of 2 years Customer Services background
- Ability to apply comprehensive credit principles and practices; balancing and reconciling accounts
- Good communication skills especially working with other departments and groups
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Fluent in English(any other languages as required)
- Experience in using Oracle in finance capacity
- Opportunity to operate in a growth market with many opportunities for professional and personal development
- 25 days of paid leave per year & Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Employer-funded pension scheme
- Company sick pay
Basic QualificationPlease note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.Equal OpportunityAn equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Related Jobs (55)
Regulatory Affairs Manager on 23rd November 2022
Software Engineer (Python / PHP) on 18th November 2022
AP Assistant on 18th November 2022
IT Developer III on 18th November 2022
Sales Assistant – Newcastle – F/T 39 Hours on 18th November 2022
Software Developer (Browser) – HP Wolf Security on 18th November 2022
HR Assistant on 18th November 2022
Manager Marketing Communications, Infrastructure on 18th November 2022
ERP Manager on 18th November 2022
Contractor / Specification Sales Manager on 18th November 2022