Field Activity Manager-Agricultural Solutions
- Post Date:6th May 2022 14401
- Views 202
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for-
- Monitoring of progress and quality of internal / external trials, feedback to technical services. Production of protocols to meet agreed objectives.
- Working closely with the Development Manager, including co-ordinating field activities including harvest and drilling. Coordinating resources for trials.
- Chairing weekly progress and work planning meetings with the whole team and ensuring cooperative working.
- Conducting regular visits and ensure continuous dialogue with the team in the field, sharing best practice.
- Line Management of temporary trials agronomists / students.
- Mentoring of team members to ensure provision of training, a safety culture and development plans, delivering high quality trials.
- Participation in project groups to ensure cascading of information to and from the TPCs, ensure cascade of information to and from TMCs via regular contact with BDM representatives.
- Responsible for Environment Health & Safety in regions, ensuring regional bases / facilities / processes and equipment comply with BASF’s Employee Health & Safety requirements and act on any improvements identified in inspections.
- Act in accordance with BASF Responsible Care policy, comply with H&S and compliance requirements.
- Successful completion of agreed trials programme to high standard and to agreed protocol, EPPO and GEP requirements.
- Specific functions to aid effective running of the development function.
- You have a degree in Agriculture, Biological Sciences or equivalent with a BASIS certificate in crop protection, Member of basis professional register, NPTC Certificate of Competence in the use of Pesticides (Part 1 and 6).
- Beyond this, you will be an experienced trials agronomist (5+ years full trials experience), used to working collaboratively with other functions such as Technical Managers, Regulatory Managers and European Development functions.
- You will have experience across a broad range of crops and indications.
- You will have an excellent understanding of GEP, EPPO and ORETO requirements for conduct of trials, data generation, handling and reporting.
- You have a proven ability in planning & coordination of trial activities and problem solving.
- Mechanical knowledge and ability to problem solve and identify issues for experienced engineers is preferred.
- You will have an excellent understanding of Employee Health & Safety requirements of the role.
- Experience of managing, coaching, mentoring and training less experienced staff is essential.
- Using your excellent communication skills, you also work well within and are able to motivate a team.
- IOSH or similar qualification in Health and Safety would be an advantage.
- Experience of drilling and harvest operations.
- The ability to operate RTK and GPS systems would be an advantage.
- A good level of IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and ARM are essential.
- A full driving licence is also necessary, and you will be provided with company car for business purposes.
- Preferred practical experience of driving large agricultural machinery or HGV.
- Considerable travel is required with this role.
- The position is office based in Suffolk.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing Date- 15 May 2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (1)
Research and Development Chemist on 13th October 2022