- Post Date:29th April 2022
- Views 181
Muraspec Decorative Solutions is a well-respected designer and manufacturer of commercial and high end residential wallcoverings. The company is well established in both the UK market and overseas. Passionate about customer service, Muraspec is committed to long term relationships with its customers and employees, who are empowered to take responsibility for their individual contributions to the Company’s success.
Main Aim of the Job
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Factory Manager will be responsible for managing, with the support of Supervisors and Team Leaders, a team of approximately 70 Production Staff. You will responsible for effective communication between departments to ensure the smooth running of the operation. You are also responsible for ensuring the documented production plan is clearly communicated and adhered to.
Principal Performance Objectives
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that orders are managed throughout the entire production process to ensure our products are delivered in full and on time to customers.
- Design and implement procedures and working methods to meet business efficiency and output requirements.
- Develop and implement measurements to monitor performance of the department.
- Identify areas of the department that require development and liaise closely with Senior Management regarding business plans.
- Maintain strong communication processes between all departments ensuring issues or concerns around products and customer requirements are raised in good time.
- Ensure production priorities are on schedule and liaise with Production Planning to address any operational changes.
- Recruitment selection, training, absence management and performance reviews of the factory team.
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Analyse production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Focus on making the business cost effective by reducing waste.
Travel & Workplace Environment
Based at the factory in East Peckham, Kent.
Occasional travel to Head Office in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Essential Baseline Work Experience
Previous manufacturing industry experience, preferably, but not essential, within the coatings sector.
Excellent attention to detail
People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas
Effective planning and organisation skills
Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for H&S, risk assessment and risk control.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Good commercial awareness
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to: [email protected]