European Treasury Accountant
- Post Date:30th July 2021 13937
- Views 154
Purpose Of Role
The European Treasury Accountant assists with Treasury operations including execution of payments, bank reconciliations, FX hedging, cash flow forecast, trade finance, bank documentation and project work. The European Treasury Accountant ensures that all Treasury and banking related transactions are communicated to the European Accounting Team and recorded correctly in the Company’s financial statements. The Treasury Accountant also ensures compliance with all treasury policies and procedures to safeguard assets, drive efficiencies and process standardization. The European Treasury Accountant is based out of Harlow, United Kingdom.
The European Treasury Accountant is part of the European Treasury Team that collaborates to drive best practices, standardization and consistency throughout the Company’s Global Treasury Team.
- Prepare Daily/Monthly bank reconciliation of ledgers, including postings for all treasury operations for multiple entities in multiple currencies;
- Process payments within the online banking platforms including AP run files, payroll or one-off manual payments;
- Prepare reporting for the balance sheet FX exposure and placing proposals;
- Assist in Cash-flow forecasting and consolidation of European entities, assisting the Treasury Manager to identify main variances;
- Process letters of credit and documentary collections;
- Ensure all Treasury/Cash Management Shared Service operations are documented by audit-verifiable support;
- Assist in bank administration and regulatory reporting when required;
- Assist the Treasury Manager in projects assigned to the Treasury function;
- Complete month-end close responsibilities;
- Identify and/or facilitate process improvement projects that create efficiencies, add value, and/or reduce costs within the Treasury area;
- Follow all safe work practices, escalate unsafe conditions and report incidents;
- Assist with all internal and external audit requests;
- Ensure compliance with all treasury departmental rules, policies, and procedures;
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and implementation of policies and internal controls;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute as needed in the finance transformation programme working with other Finance team members and the wider business to deliver our vision for Group Finance;
- Actively participate in and provide critique of all treasury related parts of Pathway including design reviews, integrated walkthroughs and user acceptance testing, as requested.
Financial Accounting, Global Treasury Team, Finance Business Partners, Accounts Payable.
Skills And Knowledge
- Experience with internal controls, accounting principles and procedures and internal audit reviews;
- Experience in supporting General Ledger month-end close and account reconciliations;
- Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) knowledge; experience with SAP and/or BPC a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills;
- Additional European language would be advantageous;
- Qualified individuals will have extraordinary, high energy and effective communication skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Location and Travel requirements:
Position based out of the European Shared Service Center in Harlow (UK). Travel expected to be minimal, limited to traveling to other Synthomer locations as required.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.