Engineering Manager with COMAH - ATEX Experience
- Post Date:31st August 2023
- Views 55
We are actively looking for an Engineering Manager for our Production site (Bolton site – Protective and Marine Coatings).
Main Tasks :
- Ensure the health and safety of all Bolton and SW personnel, contractors and visitors, through the adherence to and implementation of safe systems of work, guided by SW policies and H&S legislation in conjunction with EHS.
- Drive the site towards a high level of planned maintenance through the use of historical data and Condition Based Monitoring.
- Providing Technical support and guidance to the Engineering Team.
- Direct liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure Engineering resource is correctly prioritised and assigned.
- Leads and Champions Management of Change and Commissioning processes to ensure equipment is handed over to relevant parties in a safe and fit for purpose condition.
- Drives Engineering Continuous Improvements to increase Production volumes and enhance site safety to exceed the standards expected from an Upper Tier COMAH and Sherwin Williams site.
- PHA Facilitator and champion.
- Key function for the site during COMAH interventions and inspections.
- Ensuring the Engineering Team have the required training and Competencies to fulfil their duties.
- Drives the Engineering department to consistent and safe methods of work through Risk Assessments and procedures.
- Manages the Engineering budget to ensure budget is achieved.
- Manages the Capital process and Financial Planning Program.
- Champions the Engineering Management System to drive methodical; standardised and sustainable work methodology
- Aligns Engineering activities with OEM recommendations, reliability data, HSE Guidance and RAGAGEPs.
- Champion of Rx.(Sherwin Reliability Excellence)
- Delivers the Engineering BMS report.
- Interrogating the Rx data to identify opportunities for Maintenance Improvements.
- Processing MIRA actions, Incidents and Near Miss reports.
- Champions and drives Process Safety Management.
- Ensuring Electrical, Mechanical and Process Safety Regulatory compliance on an Upper Tier COMAH site.
Qualifications/ Experience :
- NEBOSH would be advantageous.
- Engineering Apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Engineering degree, and/or Incorporated or Chartered Engineer registration.
- Experience of Management within in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of Management of Health and Safety At Work Act 1974.
- DSEAR knowledge or certified training.
- Electrostatic hazard awareness.
- Experience with HAZOP/PHA.
- Experience of Computer Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience of RAMS and high hazard (i.e Hotwork) PTW issuing/approving
- Working knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR.
- COMAH Regulations.
- Experience with CMMS.
- An effective communicator across all departments.
- Strong people management skills and Project Management skills
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
GBR Bolton Plant
Bolton, BL2 2AL
Jul 13, 2023