EMEAI Payroll Operations Team Lead
- Post Date:20th August 2021
- Views 186
Job Title: EMEAI Payroll Operations Team Lead
This position is responsible for all the multi-country payroll activities in the EMEAI region, ensuring all data is timely and accurately provided to the outsourced vendor. Demonstrate strong knowledge of EMEAI and UK payroll practices and processes. Processing of the payroll data in accordance with the prescribed timetables. The Company’s EMEAI Payroll Operation Team Lead objectives are to support the EMEAI Payroll Operation and Project team and ensure the Vendor makes accurate and timely payments to all employees, makes payroll deductions for taxes, statutory payments, benefits, and other items to respective parties.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for performing a standard set of internal controls over EMEAI region payroll processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data related to the payroll function, the protection of Company assets, and the privacy of employee data.
Furthermore, this position is also responsible for the EMEAI Operation Team’s work deliverables and performance. Also making certain the Company is in compliance with all current and future payroll laws and regulations for each Country within the region. The EMEAI Payroll Operation Team Lead should also demonstrate some payroll transition/implementation skills and knowledge/experience to support the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll, and the Project team to deliver a successful, Payroll and Time and attendance transition/implementation projects.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Assist and support the Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI to lead and supervise the Payroll team operation, coordination the daily activities and prioritizing workload ensuring the delivery of high quality, responsive, effective, and sufficient service
2. Perform the day to day payroll processing, activities.
3. Ensure the vendors make accurate and timely preparation of earnings statements and payment of wages for the employees in the countries assigned.
4. Follow payroll-related compliance and controls.
5. Act as the first point of escalation for general payroll related questions and be responsible for operation issue resolution or escalation for EMEAI Payroll Department.
6. Ensuring timely responses for all payroll queries and when required following up with vendors or escalating to Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI.
7. Resolve level payroll problems and investigate any discrepancies.
8. Support respond to all internal and external inquiries on payroll related issues, social insurance, and taxation.
9. Identify and present solutions for continuous process improvement and take training, workshops, and knowledge sessions quarterly, at a minimum.
10. Build and foster “customer” relationships with key business partners, both internal and external.
11. Responsible for payroll audits, internal and external agencies in collaboration with correct stakeholder
12. Responsible to bring to the immediate attention of the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll any identified payroll or compliance issues
13. Identify and execute payroll process improvements
14. Document and maintain payroll procedures manual
15. Able to partner, collaborate and support all key stakeholders, customer, local, and Global Payroll Team.
16. Participates in internal and cross-functional projects such as the Global Payroll Project.
17. Undertakes other tasks attributed by the direct manager in line with the departmental guidelines
18. Participates in the hiring and orientation at work processes.
19. Coordinate with the Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI to ensure delivery of the Payroll team Goals and objectives
20. Assist the Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI to identify and develop Team goals and objectives
21. Assist the Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI with the development and implementation of policies, practices, and procedures
22. Work closely with Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI as EMEAI Payroll Team focal point for internal communications, requests, etc
23. Monitor Payroll Team performance and be able to provide constructive annual performance appraisals
24. Evaluates the team members’ performance and makes the appropriate recommendations according to the departmental performance management process and standards
25. Contributes to the professional development of the team members, involving them in the necessary activities, training, and offering the specific support
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting/finance, business administration, human resources or relevant work experience.
Payroll certifications preferred
Ideally educated to A-level or equivalent
NVQ or equivalent in Business, finance or administration
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Several years of Multi-country related experience with knowledge of all aspects of payroll processes and related systems, including garnishments, benefits, taxes, Social security, local legislations, time & attendance collection preferred.
People Management Experience
Payroll transition and implementation project experience
Teamwork and collaboration oriented with a commitment to excellence.
Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
Demonstrated ability to manage change and re-engineer processes.
Organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to shift priorities.
Capability to synthesize and analyze information quickly and make informed decisions.
Project management or system implementation experience.
Other European Language
A demonstrated understanding of all aspects of Multi-country payroll processes and related systems; including, but not limited to, benefits, taxes, Social Security and time and attendance collection.
The ability to review regulatory publications, understand technical terminology and easily determine the effect pending and/or newly enacted legislation will have on current Department procedures.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.