EMEA Continuous Improvement Manager
- Post Date:13th April 2021
- Views 378
As a Continuous Improvement Manager EMEA, you will lead and drive major business improvement projects and capability build programs in the EMEA region. Whilst doing so you will ensure alignment of business improvement activities across the sites to the broader EMEA goals and objectives. This role falls within our Aerospace Business Unit, with sites in France, the UK, Germany and Italy. Location is flexible for this opportunity (France, Germany, UK).
· Support the business to identify projects and other continuous improvement objectives that will lead to customer satisfaction and tangible business improvement.
· Work with the EMEA sites in the implementation of business process improvement (BPI) and quality processes in line with the global quality transformation ambition.
· Keep track of and analyse data on all aspects of business performance (e.g. regional and important site metrics, balances scorecards, etc.) to align improvement projects to strategic goals.
· Implement and embed the Aerolean Production System standards with specific focus on 5S, Leader and Operator Standard Work, Problem Solving, VSMs, Poka Yoke, Kanban and pull systems, etc.
· Train and coach site management, first line leaders and operational staff to apply Kaizen improvement techniques within their day to day activities.
· Support cross site learning and sharing of best practices throughout EMEA region through regular collaboration with colleagues from across the Aero SBU and business excellence projects.
· Train and develop staff at all levels in the organisation in the lean sigma tools and methods. Be able to train staff at different levels of complexity (e.g. shop floor and office staff at white/yellow belt level through to more advanced green/black belt level) as required in the business.
· Qualified to minimum Bachelors Degree level (preferably in process engineering, chemistry, plastics, polymer science) or a related subject.
· Recognized certification to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt as a minimum (Master Black Belt preferred) with at least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have proven experience of leading step change, breakthrough projects (using DMAIC and Lean methods) with significant business improvement in production and functional/transactional environments.
· Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal. Knowledge of other European languages such as French and/or German are advantageous.
· Customer-focussed approach.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.