E&I Engineer & Maintenance Co-ordinator
- Post Date:1st April 2022
- Views 152
In this role you will act as the intelligent customer for electrical & instrumentation engineering and maintenance services provided to the site. Ensuring safe, efficient and effective delivery of projects and maintenance based on plant criticality.
- Provide E&I leadership on all Engineering, project delivery and maintenance activities, ensuring compliance with legal and BASF mandatory procedures.
- Ensure that E&I design and maintenance documentation is up to date and accurately reflects the operation of the plant.
- Manage maintenance modification projects, acting as Management of Change Coordinator for maintenance related plant changes.
- Provide operational management for planned maintenance activities while acting as the maintenance coordinator / gatekeeper / planner for the site.
- Manage the above within the maintenance work cycle (MWC) process, providing an interface between Site MPS’s, Maintenance contractors and Production across all assets.
- Develop quality maintenance plans and owning the operational elements of executing the weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance schedule (preventative, condition based, integrity and breakdown driven activities).
- Manage day to day technical issues affecting Asset Effectiveness, identifying faults/bad actors, carry out root cause analysis, develop short/long term fixes, make improvement proposals in accordance with the asset management plan to the Asset Manager.
- Manage & evaluate inspection/service reports (eg. ATEX, Asset Integrity) and organise the required works.
- Ensure all EHS (risk control system) plans and documentation are in place for small projects and maintenance activities.
- Provide management oversight of the site engineering spares.
- Qualified to Degree level in Electrical or Automation Engineering (or relevant) or equivalent experience, preferably with 3 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment (essential).
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing systems / processes, ideally within a chemical plant environment.
- Good communication skills (essential).
- Comfortable and competent information technology skills (essential).
- Experience of using SAP PM or a similar CMMS (desirable).
- Strong EHS focus with experience in facilitating the application of EHS risk control systems (e.g. coordinating management of change, permit to work, risk assessment, site induction systems, etc.)
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies performance chemicals in addition to raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, many of which you’ll use every day without even realizing. Our portfolio includes chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.