District Operations Manager - Field based covering Brighton, Chichester, Crawley, Hove, Poole,Portsmouth, Salisbury, Southampton
- Post Date:3rd January 2024
- Views 56
About the job
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings, and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets, and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why Join Us
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fuelled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
- Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
District Operations Manager
Drive company sales and achieve profit targets for the Decorating Centres within the District. Motivate teams, through Store Operations Managers, to drive and increase sales, whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service, presentation, operational and financial control within the Decorating Centres.
- Achieve District Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability.
- Proactive management through Store Operations Managers (SOMs) of the ‘War Book,’ development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximize share of wallet.
- Ensure proactive sales development throughout the district to involve off–site customer visits, cold calling and developing relationships, primarily focusing on the 1–3-person size professional decorators as well as other business’s using decorative coatings, whilst supporting Trade Direct customers where necessary.
- Responsible for embedding the Company’s Vision, objectives and strategy through regular DC meetings and frequent engagement with SOMs and Sales Assistant’s within Decorating centres.
- Devising and implementing strategies within the Decorating centres to meet the Company’s Commercial objectives.
- Develop, lead, and motivate the entire team, with primary focus on SOMs to manage their own individual Decorating Centre teams.
- Working with the Regional Controller and Commercial Support Manager, control of resources in line with budgeted costs to ensure Company profitability.
- Responsible for the overall management of the District Decorating Centre accounts within agreed Company guidelines and policy to minimize the risk of potential bad debt.
- Ensure all stores within the district maintain and operate the EPOS system within Company guidelines regarding financial transactions, purchasing and stock control to ensure optimum stock balance, security and customer service.
- Ensure all administration is carried out in line with Company procedures to maintain optimum branch operation and customer service, including staff rotes and absence planner.
- Ensure Environmental Health & Safety standards are maintained to ensure the Company is in line with legislation and to comply with Company policy.
- Ensure training is provided to all new and existing staff where necessary, in conjunction with In-Field Trainer’s and other store colleagues, to ensure a good standard of skills transfer, increase store sales and maintain a high level of customer service. Coach and support staff where necessary to ensure the completion of Company objectives and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Carry out recruitment and selection procedures in liaison with Regional Controller, HR and Recruitment Champion, to ensure that staffing levels are maintained with suitable employees.
- Maintain a high level of security and full compliance with Company policies within the District Decorating centres regarding stock, monies and premises and bank any monies on a daily basis to minimize the potential of theft, stock loss and damage to Company property.
- Plan and undertake stock take duties as directed by the Regional Controller to ensure accurate levels of stock at stores within the district.
- Ensure Decorating Centres operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of Company and competitors’ products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, internal and external customers, external Reps and PPG work colleagues.
- Good understanding of Company EPOS and IT systems.
- Excellent leadership, motivational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Full UK Driving License (to have held for at least one year).
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Company Environment Health & Safety, Administration and Security procedures.
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own.
PPG is committed to being an inclusive employer and strives to achieve the right work-life balance for our employees. Therefore, we will always be happy to discuss flexible working arrangements wherever this is possible for the role. If you currently have flexible working arrangements or would like to move to flexible arrangements, then we are happy to talk about this during the recruitment process.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated, and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders, and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or express
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3796156657
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024