Director, Global Supplier Quality
- Post Date:8th July 2022
- Views 185
The Global Supplier Quality Director will provide leadership and direction on supplier quality management. The incumbent in this role will develop a risk-based supplier quality program which will be applied globally across Axalta. This role can be located at any facility or at any one of our offices in the network.
Operations Leadership Execution
- Develop and guide the implementation of Axalta’s global supplier quality management program.
- Develop the global standard and documentation associated with the global supplier quality management program.
- Partner with the Global Quality Team in developing and implementing sustainable, standardized best practices and processes to improve quality as it relates to supplier quality.
- Partner with Technology and Procurement in developing a global risk assessment tool for suppliers and raw material prioritization
- Partner with Technology and Procurement in developing a supplier approval process.
- Partner with Technology, Procurement and the Global Quality Teams to develop a raw material approval process based on risk and/or priority.
- Develop the supplier audit program for quality based on risk ranking and priority.
- Develop supplier quality related metrics, set and aggregate; identify and improve trends as necessary.
- Identify and manage Quality improvement projects where supplier quality is involved
- Actively support the Quality groups in maintaining IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 certification while meeting Axalta’s Global Quality Standards and expectations, as it relates to supplier quality.
- Share standard practices across the enterprise.
- Support the local and regional Supplier Quality processes, to ensure supplier provided materials meet the specifications.
- Ensures opportunities for improvement of the Quality managing systems are identified and acted on, such as management of change processes.
- Standardize and deploy standardized processes for Customer Specific Requirements as it relates to all raw materials used, to include packaging materials.
- Actively support CAT A customer complaints involving supplied materials to true root cause, sustainable solutions implemented globally and leveraging learnings into similar processes and sites.
- Actively promote and support Axalta’s Quality culture, and policy & vision.
People and Talent Management
- Utilize performance management processes and tools to engage and encourage optimal employee performance.
- Support Global Training; develop and promote Employee Recognition and Career Development processes.
- Standardize Structures at the site level to fit for purpose.
- Engage employees in career development planning and support their growth. Identify and develop a pipeline of future management talent.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among Quality members that allows for respectful disagreement over ideas, expeditious conflict resolution and the appreciation of diversity, as well as cohesiveness and supportiveness to work together effectively and enable employees and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a team culture that emphasizes Axalta values and behaviors, as well as business and functional guiding principles and vision.
- Maintain transparent communication practices by appropriately communicating organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, IMs and regular interpersonal communication.
- Encourages open dialogue and sharing all views and opinions.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Define supplier quality objectives and structure in conjunction with Global Quality Strategy.
- Identify and launch quality initiatives or projects to meet or exceed targets.
- Drive proactive and sustainable Quality throughout the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related science or engineering field is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Quality leadership.
- Proven track record of success in leading Quality to year-over-year improvement, developing innovative Quality concepts and building a results-oriented organization.
- Has held direct responsibility for Quality within a company recognized for “best-in-class” operational performance, by successfully using Lean, Six Sigma and/or other advanced supply chain principles.
- Experience with the requirements and expectations of the IATF 16949 Quality Management system.
- 10 to 15 years of experience leading and managing people
- Able to work and influence collaboratively and cross functionally, and effectively within a global and diverse population and achieve results.
A systematic thinker that possesses strong communication skills
Desired Leadership Capabilities
Driving Operational Results
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Displays a passion for employee development and training
- Exhibits and practices with a sense of urgency.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results.
- Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action based on deviations.
- Excellent communication skills to understand and document customer requirements and to effectively communicate to internal customers.
- Has successful track record of positive change management and building global internal relationships.
- A bias for action, and results orientation.
Building People Capability
- Spends time and probes to develop a clear perception of employees’ behaviors and how they impact performance.
- Provides transparent feedback and discusses suggestions for improvement.
- Uses a regular assessment and feedback process to focus development efforts.
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by investing in its innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customer’s products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes . We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions to over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability goals, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.