Director, Advanced Process Innovation
- Post Date:23rd July 2021 13905
- Views 230
What are we looking for?
The Director of Advanced Process Innovation will develop and execute a strategy to identify new manufacturing processes to achieve step-change improvements in manufacturing process effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
The successful candidate will collaborate with Manufacturing leadership and Engineering teams, New Product Innovation team, SHE leadership, and Business Management to identify and prioritize process innovation priorities. The position is also responsible for management of Process Innovation and Pilot Plant resources within Global Technology & Innovation group.
In this role we need a thought leader and change agent.
What you’ll own in this role…
- Converge business and operations strategies, Sustainability goals, new product innovation strategies, and process improve objectives into a Process Innovation Strategy.
- Translate the Process Innovation Strategy into a prioritize portfolio of Process Innovation programs and resource plan.
- Identify new process technologies to achieve process efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability beyond the capability of existing process designs.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Excellence group to define standards of excellence in robust process scale-up applicable to new product and process innovations.
- Direct management responsibility for Process Innovations and Pilot Plant team in Mogadore, OH and Stallingborough, UK, and matrix responsibility for optimal utilization and investments in pilot process assets at Le Havre, Chester, and Roebuck.
- Accountable for the Occupational and Process safety performance of the Mogadore and Stallingborough Pilot Plants.
- Manage global CAPEX and operating expense budget for Process Innovation and Pilot Operations.
What you’ll need to be successful …
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field
- 15 years of experience in process engineering, development, or related role, in a chemical manufacturing operation. Experience with polymer manufacturing, pilot plant operations and new product and process commercialization preferred. Demonstrated leadership experience and Process Safety Management understanding strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate a vision and lead change
- Strategic planning and execution
- Track record of success in chemical manufacturing process innovation
- Strong applied knowledge of process safety management principles
- Ability to motivate and develop an innovation-focused team
- Strong project and project portfolio management skills
Qualifications that can set you apart …
- Doctorate in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field
- Proficiency in distributed control systems, automation, digitalization, and Industry 4.0 concepts preferred
- Working knowledge of process modeling methods and tools
- Understanding of measure and drivers of Sustainable Manufacturing
- Competent in statistical design of experiments and application to robust process design.
- Knowledgeable in chemical manufacturing control systems and automation
- Knowledgeable in method of intensification of chemical manufacturing process
- Engineering modeling and simulation experience; ideally using ASPEN software
Working Requirements …
- Full-time attendance on-site with development team and facility.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to regularly interface with a global team.
- Travel both domestically and internationally, averaging ~ 50% travel.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth