Development Chemist – Research & Development Group
- Post Date:11th May 2023
- Apply Before: 11th June 2023
- Views 29
To support the Company’s product portfolio in terms of formulation maintenance, legislative compliance, raw material evaluation, cost effectiveness and value engineering. To investigate innovative and novel technologies and to carry out new product development in line with Sales/Marketing strategy.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, carrying out lab preparation of paint samples with full testing to requirements in conjunction with the R&D Technical Programme.
Direct reporting and interpretation of results, with initial recommendations, to the Head of Department
Dacrylate Paints are a British manufacturer, that have developed and manufactured innovative high performance engineered coatings for over 70 years. We offer one of the widest ranges of coatings covering a broad spectrum of applications.
Proud Royal Warrant holders for the supply of coatings to the Royal Households and Palaces.
BSI ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 accredited
To find out more, visit www.dacrylate.co.uk
3. A typical day looks like:
1. Provide interdepartmental technical support.
2. Raw material analysis for cost/technical advantages and approving alternatives
3. Responsible for maintaining the R&D database.
4. Participate in projects with suppliers, universities, and third-party organisations.
5. NPD in line with marketing strategy and legislative requirements.
6. Develop formulations through testing/optimisation
Our ideal candidate for this role will:
Educated to BSC level in Chemistry or related discipline
Advanced computer literacy
Commercially astute with ambition to progress
Dacrylate Paints: Employment Opportunity | Page 2 of 2
5. Any of the following would be a bonus:
Knowledge of the Decorative/Industrial Coatings industry coupled with appropriate product knowledge would be advantageous.
1. Training will be given where required.
2. Further opportunities to study
3. Eligibility to Company Pension Scheme after successful completion of probationary period
7. How to apply
Please apply in writing with full CV and covering letter detailing your work experience and academic achievements and why you believe you would be ideally suited to a career in coatings to:
Mr Sean Tormay Head of Technical Operations Dacrylate Paints Ltd. Lindley’s Lane Kirkby-in-Ashfield Nottinghamshire NG17 8AL
Email: [email protected]
Related Jobs (3)
Apprentice R & D on 12th May 2023 Apprenticeship
PDC Chemist on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Research & Development Apprentice on 10th May 2023 Apprenticeship Full Time