Development Agronomist Yorkshire, Agricultural Solutions
- Post Date:13th May 2022
- Views 242
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
The primary object of this position is the delivery of high quality trials data and to train and mentor less experienced members of the team. To do this your responsibilities will include-
- Monitoring of progress and quality of internal / external trials, feedback on progress to necessary parties. Feedback in Technical Working Groups.
- Produce trial protocols to agreed objectives in conjunction with Technical Services and Head Office Departments.
- Participation in Project Groups to ensure cascade of technical information. Regular meetings with Technical Services for trial planning, trials best practice and in-season updates.
- Successful completion of allocated trials according to protocol, GEP and EPPO requirements. Establish base / facility with a local grower to store equipment and act as a centre of operation within their region.
- Establish links with farmers, grower bodies and agronomists within region to enable access to excellent trial sites. Build collaborative relationship with regional Agronomy Manager.
- Ensure trials meet mandatory completeness and quality requirements. Ensure effective and compliant collection, handling and reporting of data in line specific requirements. Feedback in-season issues and trial status to relevant persons.
- Responsible for Employee Health & Safety in their region. Ensure regional bases / facilities / processes comply with BASF Employee Health & Safety requirements and implement required improvements identified in inspection.
- Act in accordance with BASF responsible care policy and follow guidance with regard to compliance and health and safety.
- Supervision and day to day support of temporary trials assistants.
- Specific functions to aid effective running of the development function.
- You have a degree in Agriculture, Biological Sciences or equivalent, as well as an NPTC Certificate of Competence in the use of Pesticides (Part 1 and Part 6).
- Beyond this, you have 3+ full years of experience conducting field trials and are developing experience across a range of crops, indications, pests and diseases.
- You have excellent planning & organisation skills and an organised approach to your work.
- BASIS certificate in crop protection and Member of basis professional register is preferable.
- Using your excellent communication skills, you also work well within a team.
- You have experience of building networks with farmers and agronomists.
- A good level of IT skills, including Microsoft Word, and ARM are essential.
- A full driving licence is also necessary, and you will be provided with company car for business purposes.
- The role will be homebased (Yorkshire) .
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing Date- 23 May 2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (7)
Analytical Chemist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Technologist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Apprentice R & D on 2nd June 2023 Apprenticeship
Apprentice R & D on 12th May 2023 Apprenticeship
PDC Chemist on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Development Chemist – Research & Development Group on 11th May 2023 Full Time
Research & Development Apprentice on 10th May 2023 Apprenticeship Full Time