- Post Date:27th May 2022
- Views 176
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range
of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics,
polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals,
polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
This role will be responsible for full warehousing duties including receipting, handling and dispatch of materials, to support the production plant operations in a safe and efficient manner. This includes-
- Carrying out warehousing duties to ensure that the operations of receipt, handling and dispatch are according to procedure.
- Transporting stock to and from the production areas ensuring that site safety standards are maintained, and stock is managed and segregated as required.
- Ensuring that all safety measures are taken when handling hazardous goods including flammables / corrosives.
- Loading vehicles, maintaining the highest standards for load security, in line with ADR and IMDG regulations.
- Helping to operate plant equipment and carry out manual tasks including simple maintenance, raw materials addition, sampling, in-process testing, packing, and transporting materials using a forklift truck as required.
- Working within EHS requirements to ensure safe working systems and practices are followed.
- Recording of key information e.g. handovers, plant/working logs, simple SAP transactions, cycle counts, electronic data entry etc.
- Maintaining a flexible approach to the role to support the business needs of the site.
- Working with your supervisor(s) to identify your learning and development needs, and work towards an agreed plan. This includes attending training courses and completion of self-learning.
- 3 GCSE passes or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics and preferably one Science subject.
- Basic level of computer literacy.
- Fork Lift Truck Experience is an advantage or must be able to pass a fork lift truck driving test.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We support flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion,disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics.
We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing date- 06.06.2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation.