Data Engineering Manager
- Post Date:29th July 2022 14519
- Views 58
We all know that a company’s ultimate goal is to increase their revenue, raise sales, and optimize costs. What better way to do this than through data? In our commercial organisation we want to invest in the power of data and that is why we have created our Pricing and Analytics dream team composed by: data scientist, data analysts, data engineers, project managers, business analysts, digital analysts… and a long list of highly skilled professionals that work together bringing insights from data to help the organisation thrive faster and better. Do you want to have a direct impact on our company’s growth and revenue? Don’t miss this opportunity to join our diverse and dynamic team and shape HP’s future.
We are currently building a company-wide Data Lake in the Cloud (AWS). It is actively used by our Sales, Marketing & Pricing teams Data Scientists in our Pricing & Analytics Center of excellence team.
This team is implementing cutting-edge technologies for optimizing HP pricing and marketing spending worldwide. They need to have access & work on this wide range & variety of data in the most efficient manner.
Our team has a worldwide impact, having teams located on all continents. You will be leading a team of 3 to 6 data engineers, who are responsible for bringing any data requested by the teams of data scientists into this data lake.
With your team, you will make sure that those assets are properly built (data architecture, efficient ETL processing), documented, and evangelized to a broad audience of users.
- Organize your team in a “follow the sun” (Global workflow) organization, and leverage to have footprints in all continents
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable teams to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- People recruitment and development
- Cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
- Give guidance, advise and bring into our data lake any data required, constrained by our context and technology stack
- Leverage our stack in the fastest & most efficient manner: S3, Kubernetes cluster, Dataiku DSS, Spark (pySpark, Scala, Spark R), python, R, Julia languages, data partitioning
- Guide and coach customers to access and use this data appropriately
- Architecture organization of data subjects, and segment by gold/silver/platinum qualities
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience directly leading and developing a team
- Familiar with Agile Project Management.
- In-depth understanding of technology in direct responsibility.
- Deep understanding of Spark (experience on Spark optimization would be ideal)
- Proficiency with Python & R
- Experience working in a big data environment is required (hdfs, partitioning concept)
- SQL proficiency, experience of ETL activities
- Experience with Cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Kubernetes, docker
Nice To Have
- Go & Julia
- Experience with Dataiku DSS
- pySpark, Scala is a plus
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!