Customs and Trade Compliance Officer
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 46
About the job
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
Working within the Trade Compliance Department and reporting to the International Trade Compliance Manager you will be primarily responsible for providing trade compliance support to the various businesses across Domino Group. You will be helping your stakeholders to ensure that their import and export activities are compliant globally. Your main responsibilities will include improvement of data integrity, including valuation, origin, HS codes and incoterms as well as provision of qualified support to help day-to-day queries that emerge from different Domino teams. You will be responsible for implementation of more efficient and automated processes and documentation, ultimate leading towards AEO-type activities and accountabilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the management of the Dominos international customs and trade compliance operations and be responsible for implementing the processes, policies and procedures that ensure customs and trade compliance for all imports, exports, and customs authorisations.
- Establish and maintain Customs compliance procedures and program documentation, including import and export instructions, documentation; trade data points such as Tariff classification, country of origin, Free Trade Agreement (FTA) eligibility, Customs valuation, forwarding agent management; recordkeeping; audits and training.
- Act as a trade compliance liaison to customer support teams, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
- Review Customs entries for accuracy and compliance with customs regulations.
- Conduct regular Customs compliance training for functions involved in import and exporting.
- Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action, as required.
- Assist Corporate Legal- International Trade Compliance Office with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with customs laws and regulations.
- Liaise with customs officials and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of all customs-related documents and transactions.
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the operations team as required.
- Review supporting documents provided in relation to the required clearance to ensure Customs clearances are compliant in accordance with Customs and company regulation.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is exceptionally organised, and self-motivated. To be successful in this role you would need to be able to demonstrate an ability to work and understand the trade compliance, have an experience of dealing with third-party Customs Brokers as well as a direct experience of dealing with HMRC or equivalent customs authorities. Working knowledge of trade compliance or duty management tools, along with good IT skills are also essential for this role. A general understanding of Logistics issues, incoterms, and working with Freight Forwarders and a Degree in a Business or Supply Chain-related field would be desirable.
- Professional training in Customs matters by a recognised training body preferred.
- Strong working experience in international trade, goods and services and Incoterms.
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of UK, EU and US import and export controls, global customs regulations, and international trade
- Experienced in HMRC audits, Excise Regulations and Rules of Origin interpretation will be highly desirable.
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance as well as scheme such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme. We know that training and development is essential for us all to progress our careers and there will be lots of development opportunities to progress your career with Domino. We think Domino is a great place to work and this role will be fun, challenging and really rewarding. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility and if you join us you will become part of an award-winning global team.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.