Customs and Trade Compliance Manager
- Post Date:8th January 2024
- Views 54
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs & Trade Compliance Manager EMEA to join the team at Sun Chemical, the worlds largest producer of printing inks and pigments.
Customs & Trade Compliance Manager EMEA
Remote- UK and Europe based
- Location: UK / Europe remote working
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Thanks to our innovative products and great team we are proud that the business is continuing to grow, we now have an opportunity for a Customs & Trade Compliance Manager to join our professional team.
Purpose Of The Job
The Customs & Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for leading all customs compliance, import and export activities for the UK and Europe.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Coordination and control of the Sun Chemical Customs & Trade Compliance in the EMEA region, taking into account corporate governance requirements and country-specific requirements.
- Technical management / Professional Leadership of the operational teams with a focus on customs & Trade Compliance tasks
- Ensuring legally compliant in the areas of import and export processing, preference management, CTN Classification (HS/TARIC) and operational trade controls
- Continuous further development of the customs and foreign trade-specific area of responsibility with regard to compliance, effectiveness and efficiency, including the creation of technical concepts, initiation and description of the necessary improvements in the IT-supported processes and the promotion of their implementation.
- Supervision/Assistance of customs inspections and audits
- Guidance / Consultancy of internal business partners on Customs & Trade Compliance issues
- Professional responsibility for Customs & Trade Compliance issues in various projects
- Professional contact for internal and external business partners for service responsibility in the area of Customs & Trade Compliance
- Identification of training requirements and organization of relevant training and education in EU and HMRC Customs & Trade Compliance
Qualifications / Experience Critical For The Job Holder
- Knowledge of UK and EU tax laws applicable to import and export of goods.
- Knowledge of multi-modal transport and logistics.
- Competent in the use of MSOffice (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to problem solve and analyse data.
- Strong team player.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of their work and think for themselves while being receptive to feedback to continuously improve the quality of the development.
- Ambitious and willing to learn.
- Hold a strong can-do-attitude.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable, but not essential for applicants with relevant experience.
Our client is the world’s largest producer of printing inks and pigments and a leading provider of materials to packaging, publication, coatings, plastics, cosmetics, electronic materials, brand protection, specialty services and other industrial markets.
How To Apply For The Role
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click apply today and you will be directed to the company website where you will be able to submit an application form.
You must be authorised to work in the UK. No agencies please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Suns policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Customs and Trade, Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager, Legal Manager, Compliance, Trade Officer, Customs Officer, EMEA.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3797499475
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024