Customer Service Representative
- Post Date:29th April 2022
- Views 238
- Salary £25,000/yr - £28,000/yr
Founded in 1884, Mylands is one of the world’s oldest manufacturers of premium/luxury paints and wood finishes based in London, and holds the ultimate seal of approval – the Royal Warrant. Informed by the past, inspired by the future, Mylands specialises in paint, historical pigment matching and restoration projects, including Westminster Abbey and St Paul’s Cathedral, as well as supplying paint and wood finishes to the royal palaces for decades. Since the 1920s, Mylands has grown up with the British film industry, working on the biggest productions of TV, film and theatre, including Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Star Wars and James Bond. Mylands uses only superior quality ingredients and natural earth pigments to produce its exquisite range of over 170 timeless colours in a selection of environmentally friendly interior and exterior paints, bringing the highest quality paint and wood finishing products to consumers.
Mylands is pleased to be part of ‘Design for Diversity’, a nationwide campaign to promote inclusivity and diversity, and to improve representation, within the interiors industry.
Still a family business after over six generations of experience, we are at an exciting point of international growth and are looking for a proactive, inspiring, driven Customer Service Agent to join our “Mylands Family”. The Customer Service Agent – Export is a strongly valued member of our Customer Service Team,
- Handling export orders, documentation, and communications.
- Thinking differently and identifying opportunities to further build customer loyalty with our international customers.
- Ensuring product orders are taken, processed, and managed in an effective and timely manner, while keeping our customers informed at all times.
- Ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction and that the Mylands image is maintained to the highest standard.
You will be a top candidate if:
- You have such a passion for Customer Service that you easily spot it in your everyday life when service lacks perfection.
- It excites you to liaise with international customers across different time zones
- It is second nature for you to put yourself into the shoes of customers. You always look for ways to further improve and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You can anticipate the needs and wishes of customers in the premium and luxury goods market, and you know how to exceed expectations.
- You are passionate about (interior) design, colour schemes, paint, and wood finishes.
- Managing Export orders from receipt of order to the customer receiving the order
- Keeping international customers frequently updated on the status and details of their order
- Liaising with shippers and processing documentation needed for customs.
General Customer Service:
- Taking orders over the phone and online, and entering onto the electronic business system (Odoo)
- Database management
- Consulting customers regarding product questions.
- Responding and managing any queries, both internal and external, in relation to orders including health and safety information requests (via phone and email)
- Liaising with Warehouse Department regarding daily deliveries and advising customers same day regarding their delivery
- Obtaining quotes from shippers, keeping customers and Warehouse Department informed of process until the order has left the site.
- Providing general administration support to external Mylands Account Managers
- Ownership of any escalated issues regarding order delivery, following up with the customer and internal stakeholders to ensure a fast resolution.
- Processing customer complaints
- Keeping up to date with new products, training, and company campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of contact centre technology
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with outstanding organisation skills and ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Proven sales and customer satisfaction record
- Determination and drive for results
- University Degree
- Fluent in English (additional language a plus)
- Previous experience (2-4 years) in premium (interior) design, sales, customer service
- Customer-first mindset, going above and beyond for customers
- Creative problem solver to find wow moments for customers in a realistic way
- Excellent phone etiquette and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- IT proficient (email, databases, business system, spreadsheets)
- Team player, but able to work and prioritise work individually
- Positive, proactive Can-Do attitude
- Attention to detail
- At Mylands, we are family. We care and respect each other, and we look for those who do the same whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with others.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution
- Company bonus scheme
- Company events
- Generous staff discount on Mylands products
- 20 holidays per year (increasing with length of service) + bank holidays
- Growth opportunities in an expanding organisation
- Free tea, coffee, water, and biscuits
- Free onsite parking
If you feel you are a great fit for this position, if you are authorised to work in the UK, and if you are willing to commute to SE27 0HQ, London, then we can’t wait to hear from you! You can stand out as a candidate if you provide a cover letter, showing us your level of professionalism and sharing why you believe you are the perfect candidate.
Your Mylands Family