Customer Service Representative
- Post Date:3rd November 2023
- Views 92
About the job
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
Yacht Customer Service Representative
Competitive salary and benefits package
Felling, Gateshead NE10 0JY
Immediate Start Available
If you have experience in a client-facing role and are a native Italian or can speak Italian like a native, this is an exciting opportunity to join a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Customer Service Representative to support our Yacht Coatings business by providing outstanding client service for our many customers.
Customer Service Representative – The Role
- Acts as first-level contact with customers to efficiently manage order receipts and prioritize work to meet strict deadlines
- Process orders using our SAP system in line with our On Time and In Full-service level agreements.
- First-level contact to answer customer queries, provide additional supporting documentation, and resolve issues
- Managing and resolving customer complaints
- Housekeeping and organization.
- Producing customer backorder reports on a weekly basis and backorder control
- Manage invoicing & and credit control procedures.
- Build product/customer knowledge to find additional product solutions for customer needs.
- Transfer orders through to third-party warehouse and logistics distribution teams, record and investigate any discrepancies
- Complete and record all additional documentation as required
- Closely cooperate and foster good relationships with our external sales, technical, manufacturing, and supply teams
- Manage customer accounts.
- Comply with all corporate and site policies and procedures regarding personal conduct and HSE standards
- Complete all mandatory HSE training as required.
Customer Service Representative – About You
- Good standard of education including Math and English
- Experience in customer service (internal and external).
- Experience in an export business.
- Proficient user of MS Office.
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
- Fluent Italian & good level of English (verbal and written).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Good at building relationships and committed to providing excellent client service.
- Well organized, accurate, and with an eye for detail.
Customer Service Representative – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope, and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover, and more!
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023